• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need a favor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't read all 6 pages, but I will give my two cents. I cut the cord back in 2017 and haven't looked back. I started with Sling TV, but switched to FUBO TV when Sling lost fox sports sun. Around a year later FUBO also lost fox sports sun so now I use Philo TV. Philo does not have a ton of channels, or a lot of sports channels, but it is only $20 a month so I deal with it. In the past 3+ years, I have used Hulu live, playstation vue (no longer offered), direct TV now (now called ATT Now TV), Spectrum stream, youtube live, Vidgo, Sling and fubo. 

In my opinion, the best streaming service for sports is Hulu Live. It will run you $54.99, which is still way cheaper than the $100+ after taxes that cable runs, and you shouldn't ever have an issue watching a USF football, USF Basketball, Lightning hockey, Rays Baseball, Bucs Football, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, college basketball, or college football game. 

I would suggest trying multiple services (most of them offer 3 to 7 day trials), then deciding which one you like the best. If you need help setting anything up, I don't mind swinging by one day before football season starts to help depending on where you live. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I've had Sling for a few years. I typically run Sling Blue, but during the fall when football starts I add Sling Orange and carry it through the season, then just get rid of it after football is over. I may be switching to Hulu Live though because Sling dropped NFL Network.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, usfsig said:

I've had Sling for a few years. I typically run Sling Blue, but during the fall when football starts I add Sling Orange and carry it through the season, then just get rid of it after football is over. I may be switching to Hulu Live though because Sling dropped NFL Network.

Yeah, YouTube TV does not carry the NFL network. I thought that might be a problem for me but I found that I really don’t miss it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, YouTube TV does not carry the NFL network. I thought that might be a problem for me but I found that I really don’t miss it.

So what internet speed do you have and is it through a cable provider? Imagine it has to be.  

Just now, CousinRicky said:

So what internet speed do you have and is it through a cable provider? Imagine it has to be.  

I upgraded my Internet speed but I honestly don’t remember what it was. I bought the high end Ruku for $100 and use a cable from my router to the Roku (thus is all of this really wireless 😂). The reception and the upload are both crystal clear and fast. Also, YouTube TV has never ending VCR recording capability so I never miss a game or event. 

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I upgraded my Internet speed but I honestly don’t remember what it was. I bought the high end Ruku for $100 and use a cable from my router to the Roku (thus is all of this really wireless 😂). The reception and the upload are both crystal clear and fast. Also, YouTube TV has never ending VCR recording capability so I never miss a game or event. 

If I go Hulu or YouTube I'm going to have to invest in a couple of Smart TVs. Family room and bar area have them. But the oldest bedroom one isn't smart and does not have HDMI ports.  The other one isn't smart but has HDMI ports that have a DVD player and Chromecast attached. The DVD player doesn't have Hulu or YouTube apps on it and it is less than 6 months old. Don't see a way to add apps.

Edited by CousinRicky

I only use Chromecast for casting from the desktop and have no idea if there are apps on it.  Guess I should check, huh?

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If I go Hulu or YouTube I'm going to have to invest in a couple of Smart TVs. Family room and bar area have them. But the oldest bedroom one isn't smart and does not have HDMI ports.  The other one isn't smart but has HDMI ports that have a DVD player and Chromecast attached. The DVD player doesn't have Hulu or YouTube apps on it and it is less than 6 months old. Don't see a way to add apps.

The software for the Roku has every tv app you could want. 

57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The software for the Roku has every tv app you could want. 

Still need a TV with an HDMI port, correct?  Don't I need one on each TV? Unless it is a Smart TV?

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

How are you all saving money by ditching cable?  All these streaming services have to have an internet connection to run.  I cancelled my cable two years ago, so they just jacked up the price of my internet.  I'm paying $80 a month for just internet with Frontier.  If I add Youtube tv or Hulu Live that will bump me up to what I was paying for cable.  They screw you either way I guess.