• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need a favor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

If you have a Chromecast.. it is capable, according to advertisement on Amazon... "Works with streaming apps you know and love; enjoy tv shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube tv, prime video, HBO now and Disney plus"

And this is the one for 3rd generation..  @30$ per tv.. not bad.. all you need is HDMI port on your tv.. and correct if it is a smart tv and able to download the app you need your good to go...

For got to mention, you can check you internet speed  by going to, 

share-logo.png

Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this...

and clicking go..  

Edited by WoDoS

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

How are you all saving money by ditching cable?  All these streaming services have to have an internet connection to run.  I cancelled my cable two years ago, so they just jacked up the price of my internet.  I'm paying $80 a month for just internet with Frontier.  If I add Youtube tv or Hulu Live that will bump me up to what I was paying for cable.  They screw you either way I guess.  

That's also the highest internet package. I pay 40 for internet because I don't have the highest package thus saving money.  You pay for internet either way though so you really just have to look at how much the cable packages vs the streaming packages and in particular to sports cable packages don't come close.  

You also have too consider that most cable services charge you per tv, most streaming services don't as long as you are all on the same internet signal.

You can also switch your packages on a dime to save money in a pinch, something most cable providers don't allow.

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Still need a TV with an HDMI port, correct?  Don't I need one on each TV? Unless it is a Smart TV?

Correct. I don’t use my internal smart TV and use the HDMI for the Roku. I only have one tv in my home so sounds like you may have an investment m. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That's also the highest internet package. I pay 40 for internet because I don't have the highest package thus saving money.  You pay for internet either way though so you really just have to look at how much the cable packages vs the streaming packages and in particular to sports cable packages don't come close.  

You also have too consider that most cable services charge you per tv, most streaming services don't as long as you are all on the same internet signal.

You can also switch your packages on a dime to save money in a pinch, something most cable providers don't allow.

That makes sense.  I only had cable hooked to one television, but I guess it would make a big difference in price for someone who had several.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Just learned something new. Neither DVD player has Hulu. Fooking Sony. What a fn mess. So the Samsung Smart TVs have it but can't play it through the sound system in family room. Looks like I'll be calling Spectrum. Will play around for another day or so but could end up having to buy 2 tvs or DVRs to make this streaming stuff work in all the rooms.

Edited by CousinRicky

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just learned something new. Neither DVD player has Hulu. Fooking Sony. What a fn mess. So the Samsung Smart TVs have it but can't play it through the sound system in family room. Looks like I'll be calling Spectrum. Will play around for another day or so but could end up having to buy 2 tvs or DVRs to make this streaming stuff work in all the rooms.

Did you check to see if YouTube TV carries the local sports channels you are looking for? With this set up you don’t have to buy a DVR. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Did you check to see if YouTube TV carries the local sports channels you are looking for? With this set up you don’t have to buy a VCR. 

Not following. What would be the difference between Hulu and YouTube other than I might have YouTube on the Sony DVDs. Haven't checked for that.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not following. What would be the difference between Hulu and YouTube other than I might have YouTube on the Sony DVDs. Haven't checked for that.

YouTube’s software allows users to record unlimited shows. Thus, you don’t need the hardware. Thus all I have is my Roku and TV and I have unlimited recordings. No mess...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

YouTube’s software allows users to record unlimited shows. Thus, you don’t need the hardware. 

I need the DVD players for the app to listen through my sound system in the family room  and to watch on the TV that isn't a smart tv in the bedroom.  

Realized that I could put the Hulu app on the phone or desktop and cast it through Chromecast which would take care of 2 of the TVs.

Edited by CousinRicky

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I need the DVD players for the app to listen through my sound system in the family room  and to watch on the TV that isn't a smart tv in the bedroom.  

Realized that I could put the Hulu app on the phone or desktop and cast it through Chromecast which would take care of 2 of the TVs.

I have a sound system that connects from its external box into the TV. It seems that having a DVR just for your sound system is an expensive proposition. But I may not fully understand. It may be more complex due to the fact you have multiple TVs. All in all YouTube is superior for me than Hulu as I have more sports channels including my three local sports channels. I am sure you’ll figure out what’s best for you and your family...it can be complicated. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull