• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need a favor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I need the DVD players for the app to listen through my sound system in the family room  and to watch on the TV that isn't a smart tv in the bedroom.  

Realized that I could put the Hulu app on the phone or desktop and cast it through Chromecast which would take care of 2 of the TVs.

Cuz, life is too short, call directtv and negotiate the best price, they will hook up all the TV’s regardless of smart or not and do all of the techi stuff, if anything goes wrong call them.  When they go up in price after the introductory offer call them and threaten to leave until they reduce it.  Dallas has had as much rain as Tampa so far this year and only remember 20-30 minutes total of downtime this year,  no headaches.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Cuz, life is too short, call directtv and negotiate the best price, they will hook up all the TV’s regardless of smart or not and do all of the techi stuff, if anything goes wrong call them.  When they go up in price after the introductory offer call them and threaten to leave until they reduce it.  Dallas has had as much rain as Tampa so far this year and only remember 20-30 minutes total of downtime this year,  no headaches.

Good point. CousinR, you could probably get a sweetheart deal for one year. However, it looks like AT&T is going sell Direct TV, but that may take a while. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point. CousinR, you could probably get a sweetheart deal for one year. However, it looks like AT&T is going sell Direct TV, but that may take a while. 

What kind of internet speeds do you get with a dish?

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

None. Direct TV is not Internet.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I bundle with AT&T which owns DirecTV for now.  Don’t know the speed but wife and I work from home and watch Netflix, stream showtime, Amazon etc and no issues.  I will check and get back with you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I bundle with AT&T which owns DirecTV for now.  Don’t know the speed but wife and I work from home and watch Netflix, stream showtime, Amazon etc and no issues.  I will check and get back with you.

Sounds like I'd have to keep internet through a cable provider and then add Direct TV.  Don't  have AT&T as an option - only Frontier and Spectrum.  Spoke with Swamprat and been messaging with Skingraft.  Just with the crazy set up I have there is no easy way to go if I cut the cord.  Narrowing things down to a) just add MLB for a month or two. b) Try to slim down my Frontier package and get rid of some cable boxes and add Hulu Live (or one of the cheaper ones that carries SunSports) or c) go with Spectrum. 

Appreciate all the input from all y'all.  🤠

40 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Sounds like I'd have to keep internet through a cable provider and then add Direct TV.  Don't  have AT&T as an option - only Frontier and Spectrum.  Spoke with Swamprat and been messaging with Skingraft.  Just with the crazy set up I have there is no easy way to go if I cut the cord.  Narrowing things down to a) just add MLB for a month or two. b) Try to slim down my Frontier package and get rid of some cable boxes and add Hulu Live (or one of the cheaper ones that carries SunSports) or c) go with Spectrum. 

Good article on YouTube TV vs Hulu

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I think you can get internet through Direct TV, it just might be called ATT now.  I know you could back in the day when I had Direct TV although I chose to stay with the cable provider at the time.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good article on YouTube TV vs Hulu

To sum it up, do you want unlimited DVR or huge on demand selection?