• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What’s with Knight and the McNeese State references?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

For the record I did email JK in 2017 about appearing on TBP.  He was reluctant, said he stopped coming here because of the comments.  I don't know if that is true, I don't think he ever registered.  Still, he was going to check with his bosses....  Jeff Odom had more recently done a Q and A prior to his departure to Dallas, JK said the bosses had changed since then.  If JK checked with the bosses, I didn't know, he did not respond back to me.

The more I read the less I care for him.  If you cover sports, having fans take shots at you is part of the gig, a Q and A would be interesting and only help his cause.   It appears he can dish it but can't take it, he is the quintessential d-bag.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

https://www.tampabay.com/author/joey-knight/

It appears by his bio that his main job is to cover college sports with an emphasis on USF.  The other stuff he just dabbles in so if that is the case he appears to be a dud.

Agreed, I made that more clearer in another post.

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

It happened very frequently back when the program was more important (years ago) and for me personally when I lived there and went to pressers.  I got a lot of info.  In many cases you just needed to ask and show some discretion and judgment.  I got so much info I even asked if I could share it, because some seemed too much to share.  I knew about a certain reporter being out at Trib before it was news as well as a lot of internal talk on the Leavitt firing.  I had already left Tampa and the pipes were still flowing.   Not hard to get at all...just some of it is hard to publish unless you're good with inside unnamed sources.

I'd also add there have been a number of "breaks" mentioned here over 20 years by a member that later turned into "news" by a reporter. 

In fact I blocked McMurph and some other "journalists" that would fish stories here and then break them.

I wouldn't agree with your assertion NEB.  Maybe from 2010 on it has died out some.  Still, some have dropped great nuggets, later fleshed out by others.

Which only says, it's there if one wants it.

Well sure, in those days we were the toast of the town. Yes, the last 10 years it has died out. Much like the interest from many in the Tampa area. Interesting that you blocked McMurphy...man, this board was humming with all kinds of stuff back then. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It appears by his bio that his main job is to cover college sports with an emphasis on USF.  The other stuff he just dabbles in so if that is the case he appears to be a dud.

8 articles in 8 days. Not sure how much more people would want ..... Maybe he can manufacture a story about a coach slapping a player ... only go small and have it be an assistant coach on an Olympic sports team that doesn't have "ball" in the name.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

For the record, I am not complaining and do not complain about him.  Though, I wish he would have returned the email as promised.  I've seen a lot from a good beat writer to no beat writer, in between gigs. 

I do wish we had a Bianchi type that would hype the program, but we've never been that fortunate. 

I also remember the days when we didn't have an official site.   And not much media coming from USF.  Much improved, but not the hard hitting stuff some want.

Edited by Brad
typo

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

8 articles in 8 days. Not sure how much more people would want ..... 

I have taken 8 dumps in 8 days, it is not about the quantity, a couple of those cables were real doozies.  I focus more on the quality and this it appears is where he has fallen short.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

8 articles in 8 days. Not sure how much more people would want ..... Maybe he can manufacture a story about a coach slapping a player ... only go small and have it be an assistant coach on an Olympic sports team that doesn't have "ball" in the name.

I don’t recall any criticisms regarding volume if there were any it was in regards to wishing he would write less. Most criticisms are in regards to the jabs, the attendance fixation, not making any connections on any level of the subject he covers, appearing to be lazy and having the depth of a small puddle that if not spoon fed information lacks the intellectual curiosity to explore anything in depth.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Triple B said:

shocked oh my GIF

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t recall any criticisms regarding volume if there were any it was in regards to wishing he would write less. Most criticisms are in regards to the jabs, the attendance fixation, not making any connections on any level of the subject he covers, appearing to be lazy and having the depth of a small puddle that if not spoon fed information lacks the intellectual curiosity to explore anything in depth.

Blah Blah Blah Sock Puppet GIF by Your Happy Workplace

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well sure, in those days we were the toast of the town. Yes, the last 10 years it has died out. 

You mean like when we got stuck in the aac?

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You mean like when we got stuck in the aac?

Did we get stuck? Or was it preordained based on the TV value of the program?