• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What’s with Knight and the McNeese State references?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Especially because it is not true the stache was way ahead of JK on the Strong news but in all fairness he is the dark lord of knowing when something bad happens to someone, JK was at best middle of the pack on that reporting which is shocking since he is the one “developing” relations daily.

The stache provided no real detail. Joey did. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The stache provided no real detail. Joey did. 

Did we need a lot of detail beyond Strong is out in order to break the story? That is the headline grabbing news and we were discussing it on here long before Joey got a dm from you telling him that maybe he should probably chime in on it too.

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To hear you talk about the AAC, though, that would be a step up .....

This is slightly hyperbolic...

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Did we need a lot of detail beyond Strong is out in order to break the story? That is the headline grabbing news and we were discussing it on here long before Joey got a dm from you telling him that maybe he should probably chime in on it too.

Yes, what about the buyout? What about recruits? Joey was giving the detail. And in terms of Strong being fired I would not even classify that as breaking news...it was soooooooooooo incredibly breaking and shocking...yes, amazing reporting by the McMurphy. You’re just a little hatter still rubbing one off to your Jimbo picture above your bed...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, what about the buyout? What about recruits? Joey was giving the detail. And in terms of Strong being fired I would not even classify that as breaking news...it was soooooooooooo incredibly breaking and shocking...yes, amazing reporting by the McMurphy. You’re just a little hatter still rubbing one off to your Jimbo picture above your bed...

Wasn’t the final answer of the buyout just the information from a Sunshine Law request and that we will never actually know the answer because of the nature of the portions held by private entities? At the time Brett broke the story it was speculated that he should be fired but that we could not afford it, so while hindsight shows that we can it was actually quite breaking and JK seemed 💯 in the dark. I actually harbor negative feeling about Brett because he actually harmed the program but that does not prevent me from giving him credit on digging out stories. JK’a coverage is surface level as is evidenced by his biggest claim to fame is reporting on the TSA attendance reports that were supplied weekly on their website. JK shows up and reports what is spoon fed to him which I guess you value but no one can ever accuse him of doing more than the bare minimum, if he worked at Chotchkies he would wear exactly 15 pieces of flair. 

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Wasn’t the final answer of the buyout just the information from a Sunshine Law request and that we will never actually know the answer because of the nature of the portions held by private entities? At the time Brett broke the story it was speculated that he should be fired but that we could not afford it, so while hindsight shows that we can it was actually quite breaking and JK seemed 💯 in the dark. I actually harbor negative feeling about Brett because he actually harmed the program but that does not prevent me from giving him credit on digging out stories. JK’a coverage is surface level as is evidenced by his biggest claim to fame is reporting on the TSA attendance reports that were supplied weekly on their website. JK shows up and reports what is spoon fed to him which I guess you value but no one can ever accuse him of doing more than the bare minimum, if he worked at Chotchkies he would wear exactly 15 pieces of flair. 

Anyone who knows contracts know that buyouts are negotiated. Further, the Sunshine Law was non applicable here as he was paid through the USF Foundation where the $ are not reported. No one knew what the actual amount was. Joey reporter this. In terms of attendance we sick ass and he is reporting it, sorry it upsets your precious feelings but the guy is not going to be a cheerleader. But yeah, go ahead and continue your false narrative like you do with 99% of your posts. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

With all due respect to NE, Joey does not break USF news. He may follow with more detail because he is the dedicated beat writer, but he is rarely - if ever - the first person to break news on his own beat. Back in the day, with Brett and Greg, guaranteed, we’d already know which schools USF was talking with to potentially fill its scheduling holes. Here’s a question I’d be researching right now: One of the players who opted out of the season, I’m pretty sure, was named on that list of sexual assault perps that circulated a month or so ago from the sororities on campus. Coincidence? Maybe.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Anyone who knows contracts know that buyouts are negotiated. Further, the Sunshine Law was non applicable here as he was paid through the USF Foundation where the $ are not reported. No one knew what the actual amount was. Joey reporter this. In terms of attendance we sick ass and he is reporting it, sorry it upsets your precious feelings but the guy is not going to be a cheerleader. But yeah, go ahead and continue your false narrative like you do with 99% of your posts. 

Was there an update beyond this one by him? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/12/13/usf-owes-charlie-strong-3-million-per-termination-letter/%3foutputType=amp Because spoiler alert I’m right about his only source, but go off...

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

With all due respect to NE, Joey does not break USF news. He may follow with more detail because he is the dedicated beat writer, but he is rarely - if ever - the first person to break news on his own beat. Back in the day, with Brett and Greg, guaranteed, we’d already know which schools USF was talking with to potentially fill its scheduling holes. Here’s a question I’d be researching right now: One of the players who opted out of the season, I’m pretty sure, was named on that list of sexual assault perps that circulated a month or so ago from the sororities on campus. Coincidence? Maybe.

I agree that he does break news like Greg did. Greg is in a class by himself compared to Joey. But at the same time, do we still make news on the same level that we did in the Big East? I agree I would like to see a story on the USF Fraternity scandal. 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Was there an update beyond this one by him? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/12/13/usf-owes-charlie-strong-3-million-per-termination-letter/%3foutputType=amp Because spoiler alert I’m right about his only source, but go off...

So did Joey break the details or no? In terms of CS contract it was a foundation issue. Cudos to Joey for getting the documents.