• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good reason not to have an OCS at this time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

We will never have a true campus culture without an on-campus stadium. Half the school isn't even aware of the fact we have football or basketball games going on, and a good chunk of those people have never even be introduced to American football in their lifetime. Even a smaller subset of those people wear FSU/UF t-shirts around campus because they have been accustomed to seeing USF's lack of interest in athletics (Michael Kelly is starting to change that). Raymond James is a great stadium and I'm grateful we are partnered with them for the time being, but it's time to make a long term plan for an OCS and quit making excuses. We have spent billions on academics and research but struggle to come up with $40 million for an IPF every other school in the nation has already built. An OCS gets people involved which means more donations and more fan support. It's time to get it done.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I stopped worrying about this issue long ago. We will all be dead by the time our university has an on campus stadium.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I stopped worrying about this issue long ago. We will all be dead by the time our university has an on campus stadium.

Great.  Now I hope we don't get one for many, many years!😄

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I guess those bad OCS decisions we made 10, 20 and even 55 years ago (AB wanted to build us Busch Stadium in the 60's) are looking awfully smart now.  Given the new normal and the new economy, our OCS will never be built.  I'm resigned to that fact and ready to move on.  I now love RayJay (just a bit of cynicism)!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, GRockHead said:

We will never have a true campus culture without an on-campus stadium. Half the school isn't even aware of the fact we have football or basketball games going on, and a good chunk of those people have never even be introduced to American football in their lifetime. Even a smaller subset of those people wear FSU/UF t-shirts around campus because they have been accustomed to seeing USF's lack of interest in athletics (Michael Kelly is starting to change that). Raymond James is a great stadium and I'm grateful we are partnered with them for the time being, but it's time to make a long term plan for an OCS and quit making excuses. We have spent billions on academics and research but struggle to come up with $40 million for an IPF every other school in the nation has already built. An OCS gets people involved which means more donations and more fan support. It's time to get it done.

They play those on campus and we get 300 max to games.  So the benefit of an OCS is what exactly?  Different generation and different ways to spend their time.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

The people would riot if they canceled football lol. So I’m thinking that we will get back to normal in June

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

47 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

The people would riot if they canceled football lol. So I’m thinking that we will get back to normal in June

oh yeah dat ass GIF by Saturday Night Live

Guest SittingBull
47 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Once you’ve posted more than 9000 times on TBP,  you’ll never get back to normal again.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Do we RENT RayJay on a game-by-game basis or lease by the year?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Do we RENT RayJay on a game-by-game basis or lease by the year?

Yearly