• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An interesting conversation this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

This may not mean a whole lot to you all, but I had a conversation with a HUGE Oviedo CC booster this morning here in Bradenton. This guy is the biggest Citronauts cheerleader I've ever come across and is fairly well connected to the program because of his significant donor $ and the fact that he is an assistant high school football coach. I've NEVER EVER heard this guy say anything remotely negative about their program or positive about ours, but this morning he made it a point to tell me how impressed he is with our hire of Jeff Scott and the quality of kids we're recruiting (as people), and the concern he has with some of the kids that UCF has been recruiting. He said to me that he's a bit worried that UCF is beginning to cut corners because, "10 wins every year are more important." I don't know who specifically he was referring to, but if you knew this guy the way I do, you'd be as stunned as I was that those words came out of his mouth. It was completely out of character, and this isn't just some guy talking. He is connected. Cracks are starting to show.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You should pick better friends 

Whoa. I would never call him that word. Someone who I come into contact with professionally is more accurate.  🙂

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Whoa. I would never call him that word. Someone who I come into contact with professionally is more accurate.  🙂

This sounds borderline but marginally acceptable.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Would you say you were workplace proximity acquaintances

image.jpeg.83474244f1a2b5846bc6a6ca9ed2f57e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Hasn't that non preeminent school always cut corners on character  ?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This is when I am glad I live far away. I would burst an aorta if I had to deal with golden shower, gayturds, and criminol fans on a daily basis.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This may not mean a whole lot to you all, but I had a conversation with a HUGE Oviedo CC booster this morning here in Bradenton. This guy is the biggest Citronauts cheerleader I've ever come across and is fairly well connected to the program because of his significant donor $ and the fact that he is an assistant high school football coach. I've NEVER EVER heard this guy say anything remotely negative about their program or positive about ours, but this morning he made it a point to tell me how impressed he is with our hire of Jeff Scott and the quality of kids we're recruiting (as people), and the concern he has with some of the kids that UCF has been recruiting. He said to me that he's a bit worried that UCF is beginning to cut corners because, "10 wins every year are more important." I don't know who specifically he was referring to, but if you knew this guy the way I do, you'd be as stunned as I was that those words came out of his mouth. It was completely out of character, and this isn't just some guy talking. He is connected. Cracks are starting to show.

At least they have the National Champions sign up in their stadium to remember the time they spent on top...........

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

New flash:  the school too the East cuts corners...shocker...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UCF does seems to have an institutional culture of cutting corners.

embezzling money, player death settlement, stadium problems.

It seems there is a new scandal every other year.