• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers will no longer be playing QB for Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Look I'm not saying he does have the arm strength for the NFL, I'm just saying you're only using examples of how others evaluated him as 'proof' that he doesn't have it.

Yes the NFL evaluated him as 'not a starter' and so did the vipers, but that in and of itself doesn't prove he lacks the arm strength.  They may not like his height, his weight, his decision making, etc etc.  Or the two teams he was on both may have simply had QBs that better fit the schemes they wanted to run.  

Other schools evaluated Q for college QB play and said no.  By your logic, the conclusion is 'he didn't have the arm strength for division 1 QB', but we both know he did well here.

I guess time will tell. Still think the CFL will give him the best chance to play QB. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Counter point.  Marlon Mack fell to the 4th round because teams valued him wrong.  He had a disadvantage to become a starter, not because of his skills but because that's just how people wrongly evaluated him.  By the same token, someone could be evaluated poorly in training camp or preseason (like perhaps Q).

The 2017 RB draft class was unrealistically packed with top-line talent. Not to minimize Mack, I never would, but here are the RB's taken before him that year:

First three rounds: Fournette, McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Kareem Hunt, D'Onta Foreman, James Connor,

Fourth round: Samaje Perine, Tarik Cohen, Joe Williams, Donnel Pumphrey, Jamal Williams, and Wayne Gallman.

Foreman is now out of the league, James Connor went at the very end of the third round. It could be argued that Mack should have gone early in the 4th instead of at the end of the round, but given how stacked the RB class was up top, Mack reasonably looked (at the time) like a mid-round prospect. In fact, I remember discussion on here in late 2016 about how Mack should have stayed for his senior year given how stacked the RB class was.

Edited by OnTheBus

2 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

The 2017 RB draft class was unrealistically packed with top-line talent. Not to minimize Mack, I never would, but here are the RB's taken before him that year:

First three rounds: Fournette, McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Kamara, Kareem Hunt, D'Onta Foreman, James Connor,

Fourth round: Samaje Perine, Tarik Cohen, Joe Williams, Donnel Pumphrey, Jamal Williams, and Wayne Gallman.

Foreman is now out of the league, James Connor went at the very end of the third round. It could be argued that Mack should have gone early in the 4th instead of at the end of the round, but given how stacked the RB class was up top, Mack reasonably looked (at the time) like a mid-round prospect. In fact, I remember discussion on here in late 2016 about how Mack should have stayed for his senior year given how stacked the RB class was.

I had thought about that point but could not remember how strong the RB draft was at that time. For sure, NO ONE on this board thought it was a bad thing he went in the 4th round when it happened end. After reading your post I think he went about right where he belonged.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Mike White could start for the Vipers, but CWT want to put a square peg in a round hole.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I’m not even sure who you’re trying to troll on this one. Mike White? xCWT fans? English teachers?

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

I’m not even sure who you’re trying to troll on this one. Mike White? xCWT fans? English teachers?

I'm going with English teachers ...

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm going with English teachers ...

Hot English teachers...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It would seem that would be the perfect place for him...take the wide field and turn loose.

The CFL game is practically designed to maximize his strengths.

Q now listed as 3rd string