• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers will no longer be playing QB for Vipers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Well the Bengals are about to have the best qb prospect since Andrew luck so I think they're fine. 

First round prognosticators seem mixed on who might go where. Joe is the talk but so is Tua plus others. Be interesting

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That being said most on this board think with their heart and not their head when it comes to Q playing the QB position. There may be packages for him at that position but I am not seeing him as an everyday QB on the pro level. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

56 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

We know how Q plays with all his heart and talents. I'm hoping he gets a chance to display his ability. Makes you wonder if the Bengals were to quick getting rid of him. They certainly flamed out at qb and running back(along with other probs). Maybe Quinton will get to dazzle folks in RJS once again. 

The Bengals are a ****-show, but what's the rest of the NFL's excuse? If you can play the position, someone is going to give you a look.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The Bengals are a ****-show, but what's the rest of the NFL's excuse? If you can play the position, someone is going to give you a look.

And this is my point. If you have the goods you’re going to play. It seems like Q is a tweener for a lot of positions but not an expert in one. Hopefully he gets some touches next week. 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is my point. If you have the goods you’re going to play. It seems like Q is a tweener for a lot of positions but not an expert in one. Hopefully he gets some touches next week. 

He should go to Canada. There are worse things in the world than playing football for a few hundred thousand dollars a year. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTrue said:

He should go to Canada. There are worse things in the world than playing football for a few hundred thousand dollars a year. 

It would seem that would be the perfect place for him...take the wide field and turn loose.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Counter point.  Marlon Mack fell to the 4th round because teams valued him wrong.  He had a disadvantage to become a starter, not because of his skills but because that's just how people wrongly evaluated him.  By the same token, someone could be evaluated poorly in training camp or preseason (like perhaps Q).

Mack was fortunate that the Colts had an immediate need and put him on the field so soon.

I know you may think 'proves my point he still played because he had talent', but it's also a matter of who evalautes the talent, what the supporting cast is and what the scheme is.  Think scheme and supporting cast aren't important?  Look at what happened to Mitchell Wilcox this year.  Is this year a fair evaluation of his production as a tight end?  Same thing can happen in the NFL, except there's a new wave of players ready to take your job every year via the draft or trade, if you don't produce (whether that's your fault or not).

16 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Counter point.  Marlon Mack fell to the 4th round because teams valued him wrong.  He had a disadvantage to become a starter, not because of his skills but because that's just how people wrongly evaluated him.  By the same token, someone could be evaluated poorly in training camp or preseason (like perhaps Q).

Mack was fortunate that the Colts had an immediate need and put him on the field so soon.

I know you may think 'proves my point he still played because he had talent', but it's also a matter of who evalautes the talent, what the supporting cast is and what the scheme is.  Think scheme and supporting cast aren't important?  Look at what happened to Mitchell Wilcox this year.  Is this year a fair evaluation of his production as a tight end?  Same thing can happen in the NFL, except there's a new wave of players ready to take your job every year via the draft or trade, if you don't produce (whether that's your fault or not).

Yes, players get undervalued all the time. Tom Brady is the classic example. But, in my opinion, Q does not have the arm to be a pro QB. This was represented in the his lack of being drafted, a team with a terrible QB in place not playing him at that position, and him not even being the starter for an upstart football league. If he is going to play the position he is running out of chances. 

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, players get undervalued all the time. Tom Brady is the classic example. But, in my opinion, Q does not have the arm to be a pro QB. This was represented in the his lack of being drafted, a team with a terrible QB in place not playing him at that position, and him not even being the starter for an upstart football league. If he is going to play the position he is running out of chances. 

Liar. I have read on this very site that QF can throw a ball 70 yards in the air.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Look I'm not saying he does have the arm strength for the NFL, I'm just saying you're only using examples of how others evaluated him as 'proof' that he doesn't have it.

Yes the NFL evaluated him as 'not a starter' and so did the vipers, but that in and of itself doesn't prove he lacks the arm strength.  They may not like his height, his weight, his decision making, etc etc.  Or the two teams he was on both may have simply had QBs that better fit the schemes they wanted to run.  

Other schools evaluated Q for college QB play and said no.  By your logic, the conclusion is 'he didn't have the arm strength for division 1 QB', but we both know he did well here.