• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF’s Jeff Scott: Offensive line, QB depth are Bulls’ immediate recruiting needs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

Of all the things CJS has accomplished so far almost turning JK into an actual beat reporter maybe the most impressive 

Amazing what happens when a writer gets access to the coach and the team.  fCCS never did that kind of stuff so it was impossible to write something like he just did.  Don't always agree with JK but he's been on top of things since the new signing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Amazing what happens when a writer gets access to the coach and the team.  fCCS never did that kind of stuff so it was impossible to write something like he just did.  Don't always agree with JK but he's been on top of things since the new signing.

I actually agree with this, things maybe trending upward and hopefully we capitalize on the good will. It is easier to be open when you are receiving a hero's welcome then it is when you have been beat up by years of failure, hit pieces and fans more interested in calling for your head than hearing anything you have to say. The iron is now getting pretty hot and I hope we find a way to actually make something with it instead of destroying it again. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It is awesome that we a media friendly coach...I think this is the first one. Skippy might have been for a short while as I recall. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, usf97 said:

"QB depth" sounds like Hunter Helms and Katravis Marsh. I anticipate one of those two commit and Jordan Smith round out your QB room. So next year would look like something like this:

Fortin

Evans (with efforts to convert him to a RB/WR)

McCloud 

Helms and/or Marsh

Jordan Smith 

I think Rygol may earn a spot with a good spring. Im not saying he ever starts but out of all those walk ons, I think he sticks to the team. I also dont see Evans staying at QB. Not b/c he is bad, but b/c he has too much talent to sit the bench as a back up QB.  We need to get him on the field period.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, smazza said:

this guy sounds amazing.he knows how to win.

i must say he sounds like me

we handle 10k cases and we handle 10 million dollar cases on my legal team. we handle them the same.

Jeff Scott is like a pompous lawyer from LA? Damnit I was just starting to like him but now he sounds like a D-bag.  “He sounds amazing and sounds like me” c’mon Smazza get over yourself bro 😀

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

It all starts on the line.  If we can get a decent O line, this team could do great things

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Call it finally having accessibility with a coach who has a real personality...a first on the program’s history 

What's funny is that most of the haters don't even read him to know how much he's been covering all along .... Had a great article on Mitch several days ago, with Wilcox giving some serious props to an unlikely recipient, that should have garnered some comments if read.

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What's funny is that most of the haters don't even read him to know how much he's been covering all along .... Had a great article on Mitch several days ago, with Wilcox giving some serious props to an unlikely recipient, that should have garnered some comments if read.

The paper died years ago and this is the reason many don’t. I don’t really know what he does anymore, I read my obligatory article once a week and then get blocked, seems like an ok guy I guess, unfortunately he has hooked himself to a dying industry.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

50 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Jeff Scott is like a pompous lawyer from LA? Damnit I was just starting to like him but now he sounds like a D-bag.  “He sounds amazing and sounds like me” c’mon Smazza get over yourself bro 😀

I don't think he was bragging... just making a point on how successful people think and act...

Now, if he said he "dates" 2's the same way he dates a 10, theeennnn I think you may have something there

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I don't think he was bragging... just making a point on how successful people think and act...

Now, if he said he "dates" 2's the same way he dates a 10, theeennnn I think you may have something there

He really does not brag however it was way too arrogant for someone not to call him out, could not help myself.