• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football: Hear me now and watch it happen later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was hoping you'd acknowledge that, Harlan drawing up that offense he had Willie instill in a week ...

How could anyone ever ignore one of the most transformative moments in PCJL USF history?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

How could anyone ever ignore one of the most transformative moments in PCJL USF history?

Some are in denial ....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We won 4 games with a harder schedule this season than next and with the biggest loss from last years team being a TE that KB never threw to. When exactly would it be okay to have any expectations for the new coach to do even marginally better than the coach that got fired for his efforts??? If everyone is so worried that Scott can’t even go.500 here then he is going to have a rough time here and he isn’t the guy. Go .500 in the AAC that’s not even an actual accomplishment and people are legit worried that the guy they think is the real deal cannot possibly meet that standard, sad.

This would happen with any coach with the current situation of the team...I have high hopes for our staff, I just think it will take a couple of years...there are sooo many unknowns at this point point so who knows...maybe the win 8 or 9 games..cheers!

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Some are in denial ....

The rest is blurry but this much we know. CWT was a horrible hire and a horrible fit. CWT came in hell bent and determined to turn us into Stanford and would repeatedly double down on how it was going to work despite the fact it was failing miserably. At some point between 2 years and 2.5 years of complete and utter failure CWT pivoted and managed to be successful here for his final 1.5 years before departing.

No matter how, why or when CWT did something completely heroic and actually changed a system he was an apostle of while actually at a University and before he actually got fired. Because he changed completely CWT ended up being a good coach here and a good fit, sadly he didn’t stay long enough that the bad was erased by the good because it was certainly trending the right way (had there been any obvious answer to what was going to be the transition following Flowers the following season or had he stayed for about 4 years of good my feelings would be more glowing).

8 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

This would happen with any coach with the current situation of the team...I have high hopes for our staff, I just think it will take a couple of years...there are sooo many unknowns at this point point so who knows...maybe the win 8 or 9 games..cheers!

They have a couple of years to be good for sure but to get to 6-6? For me he has this year. We weren’t 0-12 we were 4-8 and some games seemed awfully winnable with some better decisions. 4-8 here with a harder schedule and almost the same athletes has shown to be the bar for getting fired here, he has to do better than CcS or else he is on par or worse than him. You are what your record says you are and if you are a sub .500 AAC coach your record says you suck and should be fired.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

We went 2-10 and people were ready to fire CWT in his first season. We then continued to be awful and march the Stanford offense into obscurity until finally realizing it won’t work here at the last possible moment having wasted 2.5 years of the program. If this is anything like that we are in serious trouble.

Yeah but the the results of FAU did not cause the continued downfall....

Me thinks if this team wins 4 or 5 games next year Puc will prematurely say it was a terrible hire...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Me thinks if this team wins 4 or 5 games next year Puc will prematurely say it was a terrible hire...

If the previous staff got fired for going 4-8 with a harder schedule than I absolutely will be saying that if we are less than 6-6 because it absolutely will be true. If you are a better coach then you do better, it’s math.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If the previous staff got fired for going 4-8 with a harder schedule than I absolutely will be saying that if we are less than 6-6 because it absolutely will be true. If you are a better coach then you do better, it’s math.

But in year 2 if he goes 8-4 will you eat your words? In year 3 when he goes 10-2 will you eat your words? In year 4 when he wins the AAC Championship will you eat your words? Or will you have some moronic opinion about CJL and the good old days before HD TV? 

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But in year 2 if he goes 8-4 will you eat your words? In year 3 when he goes 10-2 will you eat your words? In year 4 when he wins the AAC Championship will you eat your words? Or will you have some moronic opinion about CJL and the good old days before HD TV? 

I will feel better about it but that will not change the fact that his first year will have been a wasted failure and that a better coach and fit would have been more likely to have had greater success during that period than the one that was unable to do better than the one the replaced. Plenty of coaches immediately do better than the fired people they replaced and if you do not think the guy replacing the fired coach will do better I am not exactly sure what the point of wasting millions of dollars was.