• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball picked 7th in AAC preseason poll

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Baseball?

I guess you could argue that over the years since the 1980's we have been to a number of NCAA Regionals.  Therefore, they have had a fair amount of success from that perspective.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I guess you could argue that over the years since the 1980's we have been to a number of NCAA Regionals.  Therefore, they have had a fair amount of success from that perspective.  

13 regionals in 40 years.

For comparison, Stetson has made 18 regionals in that same amount of time. Plus, a super-regional.

FAMU has at least 8. Bethune Cookman has 19.

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

13 regionals in 40 years.

For comparison, Stetson has made 18 regionals in that same amount of time. Plus, a super-regional.

FAMU has at least 8. Bethune Cookman has 19.

I get your point, and I don't disagree.  Overall, I think considering the location that we are in and the conferences we have been in, we should be a more successful program than we are.  The conference is a good baseball conference, but its not the SEC.

We have had pretty bad baseball facilities for quite a while but did OK in those facilities.  I really thought by now that the new facility would have beared more fruit than it has.  It still can if we have the right people in charge of the program.  Is Mohl the answer, I still have my doubts but willing to give him this year to prove himself.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I bet if we were in the MEAC we would have more Tourney appearances and more conference championships ... just a hunch

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Off the top of my head, I'd say we have been average or above more often than not

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Top 8 make the AAC Tourney correct? 

59 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I bet if we were in the MEAC we would have more Tourney appearances and more conference championships ... just a hunch

Eh, maybe 2-3 more. But more often than not, BCC eats our lunch.

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Top 8 make the AAC Tourney correct? 

Everyone in the AAC makes the tourney...except for the absolutely worst team... you know, us last year. Our MBB team was better under Antigua than our baseball team was under Mohl last year.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Baseball was our last conference championship in a major sport in 1995. They are therefore the most successful major sport we have by that metric. That being said, we have the second largest drought in ncaa d1 at winning conference championships as an athletics department. 

Edited by Bullcocky

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Baseball was our last conference championship in a major sport in 1995. They are therefore the most successful major sport we have by that metric. That being said, we have the second largest drought in ncaa d1 at winning conference championships as an athletics department. 

Im assuming you mean football, mens basketball and Baseball?

We have several CCs in Soccer men and women, and Softball and Tennis.  They are major sports to those athletes on scholarship.

But get your point.  That is a sad and long drought!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Im assuming you mean football, mens basketball and Baseball?

We have several CCs in Soccer men and women, and Softball and Tennis.  They are major sports to those athletes on scholarship.

But get your point.  That is a sad and long drought!

Exactly, the drought is in the "major" sports of baseball, football, and basketball... Not to belittle tennis and golf or anything.