• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball picked 7th in AAC preseason poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

27 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Are we above average at anything that matters athletically?

Quidditch, club cricket, sailing...

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Quidditch, club cricket, sailing...

Actually the quidditch team could have problems as turnover was significant. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/30/2019 at 5:29 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

If Hoffman and Ragsdale are back fully from Tommy John, I think the pitching staff has a chance to be pretty good. Not sure where the punch comes from in the lineup, but we’ll see. I don’t see us finishing 7th when it’s said and done. If we are, Mohl will be next on the clock.

https://theamerican.org/news/2019/12/30/ecu-selected-as-favorite-in-2020-american-athletic-conference-baseball-preseason-coaches-poll.aspx

never understood how we couldnt dominate in baseball

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd say Women's Soccer was above average this year.  Other than that, hard to find much else.  I expected more with Mens and Women's basketball.  Maybe Softball?

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

While women's basketball is down this year, the program itself has been a huge bright spot for the athletic department.

Yes we can always count on this program year after year, although once again injuries seem to be derailing the high end potential of this team this year (again).  Seems to be an unfortunate recurring theme for USF athletics recently!

Guest SittingBull
3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yes we can always count on this program year after year, although once again injuries seem to be derailing the high end potential of this team this year (again).  Seems to be an unfortunate recurring theme for USF athletics recently!

Nothing recent about, having many wounded warriors sitting on the WBB bench.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, JTrue said:

The other side of that finishing dead last last year and being the only team to miss the conference tournament. There’s no excuse for that.

This is correct. but 7th is realistic. The cupboard was empty last year with a multitude of no-name freshmen with lots of playing time. Now with that being said, this year should be better than last year but we still dont have that offensive output like we had in the past 4-5 years quite yet. Remember a biggest jump in  ability happens between freshman and sophmore years and we should see the results of that. Will I be surprised if we end up in the top 4, no way, but I wont be surprised if we end up 7th either. What isnt acceptable is to have last year happen again. That would be the only scenario I can see resulting in a Mohl firing. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, brybull1970 said:

Soccer, Men and Womens, Womens Basketball, Baseball and Softball, both men and womens Golf and Tennis. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Soccer, Men and Womens, Womens Basketball, Baseball and Softball, both men and womens Golf and Tennis. 

All of these programs I would agree are typically above average.  Although, I would argue that Baseball has been very up and down AND we should absolutely have more Baseball Conference championship trophys in our Case than we do.  Don't even remember the last time we won a CC, but we have been to the NCAA Regionals our fair share throughout the years.  Never could get out of the Regional though - another dissappointment.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

This is correct. but 7th is realistic. The cupboard was empty last year with a multitude of no-name freshmen with lots of playing time. Now with that being said, this year should be better than last year but we still dont have that offensive output like we had in the past 4-5 years quite yet. Remember a biggest jump in  ability happens between freshman and sophmore years and we should see the results of that. Will I be surprised if we end up in the top 4, no way, but I wont be surprised if we end up 7th either. What isnt acceptable is to have last year happen again. That would be the only scenario I can see resulting in a Mohl firing. 

I would be surprised, but very pleasantly.  If we make the Top 4, Mohl absolutely should stay, that would show that we are trending upward.  Hope you are right that we will be better this year!  Its fun going to that Stadium when we have a decent team.