• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun King

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We don't know why is is not hired. Maybe he turned down offers that we don't know about. Insinuating that there is a negative reason he has not been hired is a bit hating on the man. He has been successful in both of his positions that he coached. 

Well it is a very plausible theory...not hating just stating a possibility...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well it is a very plausible theory...not hating just stating a possibility...

New England Bull you are one of the more positive individuals on this board. Let's give the man the benefit of the doubt. I know i've lost my happy go lucky spirit, but i'm working on it lol 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

New England Bull you are one of the more positive individuals on this board. Let's give the man the benefit of the doubt. I know i've lost my happy go lucky spirit, but i'm working on it lol 

He was a position coach in HS at his alma mater, coached a little AAU 7 on 7 and a position coach for us with some success I guess.  It is not like he is a hot commodity.  In a previous post you put together a list of his successes coaching QF and the RB’s with the exception of last year but still not that sold on the guy as a coach, not hating just stating.  He may go back to coaching HS kids is my guess, still good name recognition in the Bay Area.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was a position coach in HS at his alma mater, coached a little AAU 7 on 7 and a position coach for us with some success I guess.  It is not like he is a hot commodity.  In a previous post you put together a list of his successes coaching QF and the RB’s with the exception of last year but still not that sold on the guy as a coach, not hating just stating.  He may go back to coaching HS kids is my guess, still good name recognition in the Bay Area.

He would have a positive impact on those kids at that level. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He has 3 years as a position coach for (2) different positions in which he was successful in Both. Da'quan Bower is our new D-Line coach and this is his FIRST year as a position coach PERIOD. Xavier Dye was a highschool coach prior to Clemson, and a grad assistant when he got to Clemson. Joey King our TE coach only has (1) year as a college coordinator. Pat White has what only (2) years as a Division 2 position coach? Jeff Scott hired a chitload of dudes with waaay LESS experience than Shaun King....but I find it funny how all of a sudden Shaun King lacks the experience for another team to pick him up? I guess that's just what this board does, chit on old coaches and players once they are gone. Finding a coaching job is all about luck, hype and who you know. So to say SK isnt qualified or deserve another coaching job baffles me. So based on your perception of what a qualified coach is CJS hired a bunch of crap. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

36 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He has 3 years as a position coach for (2) different positions in which he was successful in Both. Da'quan Bower is our new D-Line coach and this is his FIRST year as a position coach PERIOD. Xavier Dye was a highschool coach prior to Clemson, and a grad assistant when he got to Clemson. Joey King our TE coach only has (1) year as a college coordinator. Pat White has what only (2) years as a Division 2 position coach? Jeff Scott hired a chitload of dudes with waaay LESS experience than Shaun King....but I find it funny how all of a sudden Shaun King lacks the experience for another team to pick him up? I guess that's just what this board does, chit on old coaches and players once they are gone. Finding a coaching job is all about luck, hype and who you know. So to say SK isnt qualified or deserve another coaching job baffles me. So based on your perception of what a qualified coach is CJS hired a bunch of crap. 

It is who you know and what kind of relationship he built with his previous bosses. CWT did not want to bring him along to greener pastures in his 2 gigs. He was an ordinary NFL QB, good role model and I guess a good recruiter.  I really don’t know what kind of staff CJS put together either, time will tell. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is who you know and what kind of relationship he built with his previous bosses. CWT did not want to bring him along to greener pastures in his 2 gigs. He was an ordinary NFL QB, good role model and I guess a good recruiter.  I really don’t know what kind of staff CJS put together either, time will tell. 

Do we know this for a fact? King seems pretty tied to the Bay area and had maybe turned down numerous offers to go elsewhere

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Do we know this for a fact? King seems pretty tied to the Bay area and had maybe turned down numerous offers to go elsewhere

No I don’t and realize he is from St. Pete and appears perfectly content and fiscally comfortable.    He may be very well sought after and does not want to leave,  I am providing conjecture and nothing more, only Shaun and his inner circle know for certain.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he is probably waiting for the right job offer