• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun King

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Enough with the past.  

Trust in this coaching staff!  You have no reason not to.

No real reason to trust yet either, isn’t even filled yet.  I will stay cautiously optimistic until something happens that prompts me to throw caution to the wind.  I do agree  the Shaun King experiment is over.  He really was not a good NFL QB either, spent a lot of Sunday’s watching an inept offense so not really sure why he was enshrined as our savior. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He really was not a good NFL QB either

Not the same as observing and teaching though.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No real reason to trust yet either, isn’t even filled yet.  I will stay cautiously optimistic until something happens that prompts me to throw caution to the wind.  I do agree  the Shaun King experiment is over.  He really was not a good NFL QB either, spent a lot of Sunday’s watching an inept offense so not really sure why he was enshrined as our savior. 

Ok i get cautiously optimistic because USF fans are so jaded, for good reason.

But come on, who do you expect us to get that comes from better pedigree, high energy, culture of big time winning, been training for a long time under one of the best to get here.

If u cant be excited about this hire, then you are way too hard to please.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ok i get cautiously optimistic because USF fans are so jaded, for good reason.

But come on, who do you expect us to get that comes from better pedigree, high energy, culture of big time winning, been training for a long time under one of the best to get here.

If u cant be excited about this hire, then you are way too hard to please.

i will go one step further if your arent excited about this hire you are a sour puss/negative nancy.

yes i understand you may have wanted a retread or someone else but scott is a great hire

5 minutes ago, smazza said:

i will go one step further if your arent excited about this hire you are a sour puss/negative nancy.

yes i understand you may have wanted a retread or someone else but scott is a great hire

Hold the **** on, I like the hire and have always said so, I did not want CJL or CWT because you can’t ever go home again. I am just not ready to give the guy the keys to the town before he has coached his first ******* game, that is it.  You guys could see that if you removed your nose from his ass.

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Hold the **** on, I like the hire and have always said so, I did not want CJL or CWT because you can’t ever go home again. I am just not ready to give the guy the keys to the town before he has coached his first ******* game, that is it.  You guys could see that if you removed your nose from his ass.

I get it.  Nothing is certain.  Every hire has a certain level of risk.

Just think there is alot more reason for optimism than you do.  Its not based on my nose being up his ass, but for the reasons I pointed out.

Let me ask you this, when else have we made a hire with this much upside?  

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Let me ask you this, when else have we made a hire with this much upside?  

CSK, was going to get us over the hump.  CCS was going to shore up our D to compliment our explosive offense.  CKB was going to bring our explosive offense back.  Everyone came in with piss and vigor (exception CCS who was just piss).  I jump on the Bandwagon thinking this may be the guy only to be disappointed, just taking a wait and see approach this time, that is all.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I never knew Shaun King had a football background 

7F219F4D-780C-405C-B18B-51FA48A53A56.jpeg

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

CSK, was going to get us over the hump.  CCS was going to shore up our D to compliment our explosive offense.  CKB was going to bring our explosive offense back.  Everyone came in with piss and vigor (exception CCS who was just piss).  I jump on the Bandwagon thinking this may be the guy only to be disappointed, just taking a wait and see approach this time, that is all.

Ummm, I have to totally dissgree with you on this.

Who is CSK? Do you mean Skip Holtz.  Nope, he had modetate success at ECU but nothing to write home about.

CKB - who had sucess at JU and Valdosta State, please!  

You dont really expect me to respond about CCS do you?  He was a complete disaster at Texas.  Big big red flag.  A school by the way that has more money than God.

None of these guys compare to where CJS comes from.  Granted its not a slam dunk until he actually does it.  I give you that.  But to me he has that IT factor that the others didnt have.

This is the most hopeful and excited about a hire at USF ever.....but only time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ummm, I have to totally dissgree with you on this.

Who is CSK? Do you mean Skip Holtz.  Nope, he had modetate success at ECU but nothing to write home about.

CKB - who had sucess at JU and Valdosta State, please!  

You dont really expect me to respond about CCS do you?  He was a complete disaster at Texas.  Big big red flag.  A school by the way that has more money than God.

None of these guys compare to where CJS comes from.  Granted its not a slam dunk until he actually does it.  I give you that.  But to me he has that IT factor that the others didnt have.

This is the most hopeful and excited about a hire at USF ever.....but only time will tell.

Skippy was up and coming, winning two consecutive conference championships as a head coach, not a co-offensive coordinator that doesn’t even call the plays, he also had the Holtz name which gave us a ton of plug from Daddy at ESPN.  I hope he fares better and think he will but we shall see, I am hopeful.