• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun King

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Skippy was up and coming, winning two consecutive conference championships as a head coach, not a co-offensive coordinator that doesn’t even call the plays, he also had the Holtz name which gave us a ton of plug from Daddy at ESPN.  I hope he fares better and think he will but we shall see, I am hopeful.

The whole Skip Holtz thing is weird.  He had success before and after coming here.  I know people use the excuse of academic restrictions.  But I highly doubt that is the primary reason.

Ive been hopeful with all of our hires we have had....but this Jeff Scott one feels different.  But what do I know!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The whole Skip Holtz thing is weird.  He had success before and after coming here.  I know people use the excuse of academic restrictions.  But I highly doubt that is the primary reason.

Ive been hopeful with all of our hires we have had....but this Jeff Scott one feels different.  But what do I know!

Skip has success before and after at arguably lesser levels. CJS is the first guy we've ever had with sustained success at the highest level.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Skip has success before and after at arguably lesser levels. CJS is the first guy we've ever had with sustained success at the highest level.

Well to be fair he wasnt in charge....however he has learned from one of the best and has been with Dabo for this whole ride, observing him, learning.

We have never had somebody before come with this type of pedigree.

And yeah maybe Skip is just a lower level successful ciach and thats the way it is.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I hope Willie Taggart hires Shaun King as his co-offensive coordinator/running back coach. He just hired Trickett as his co-OC/QB coach. 

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I hope Willie Taggart hires Shaun King as his co-offensive coordinator/running back coach. He just hired Trickett as his co-OC/QB coach. 

Nevermind, they got somebody else

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Nevermind, they got somebody else

Would like to see King return to his alma mater. But I suspect he is a Florida man now. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would like to see King return to his alma mater. But I suspect he is a Florida man now. 

Always was, Originally from St. Pete, only went to Tulane for college.  He will pop up somewhere local again I am sure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

15 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You keep saying this.  It really is the primary reason. I posted the numbers a day or two ago with the APRs.  For some reason you refuse to read or believe it.  

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If he leaves the state of Florida, I think that would be his best option. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I won't say he hasn't been successful but it's not like he has even won CUSA since leaving here, he just got his first ten win season ever in Div 1a, and btw la tech was in okay shape when he took the job. 

In his time at La Tech - Marshall, ECU, Rice, WKU, Old Dominion, FAU, and UAB managed ten win seasons before he did. FAU managing a worst to first turnaround, old dominion moved up from FCS and UAB  literally not fielding a team for a couple years before they did. 

So we aren't talking about a guy who wins 12-13 games a year in lower conferences.  Everything in his career says he would be at best a 7-6 coach here in this conference on average.  Put the academic restrictions in there as well as a lot of negative recruiting momentum with the crumbling Big East, a few bad breaks on the field,  and you got yourself a 3 win coach. Adds up to me