• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking forward to contract details.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

Yessir...and the recruiting and the transfer portal could pay huge dividends and the Clemson connection could lead us to getting some of their talent that had the bad fortune of not getting playing time because Clemson is so loaded with talent.

I'm hoping some QB stashed on a depth  chart somewhere thinks Scott's got the golden touch and comes here for a year while we develop the younger guys.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, JTrue said:

I'm not terribly optimistic we "locked" him in. Make the buyout too high and he doesn't sign the contract, anything manageable and the big boys are going to be able to get him. FSU paid $18 million to make xCWT go away, so if our buyout is even in that range, it's doable.

Let's hope that the landscape is changing with respect to that as many schools have seen the FSU debacle and may not want to make that same mistake. Might be wishful thinking by me though.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, RoyD3 said:

Let's hope that the landscape is changing with respect to that as many schools have seen the FSU debacle and may not want to make that same mistake. Might be wishful thinking by me though.

Never underestimate the ability of people/institutions with money to think money will solve all their problems just by throwing more around.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm hoping some QB stashed on a depth  chart somewhere thinks Scott's got the golden touch and comes here for a year while we develop the younger guys.

That would be great!

Just now, JTrue said:

Never underestimate the ability of people/institutions with money to think money will solve all their problems just by throwing more around.

Yes, that is a concern for sure.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Maybe this guy that is discussed on a Clemson forum?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Lot-of-chatter-about-Chase-Brice-to-USF-as-grad-transfer-1958734

Seems to be a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, SpikeBull said:

Maybe this guy that is discussed on a Clemson forum?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Lot-of-chatter-about-Chase-Brice-to-USF-as-grad-transfer-1958734

Seems to be a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility 

Where is Corey when we need him?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Where is Corey when we need him?

If you click your heels three times, spin in a circle and say his name three times he should appear

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

5 years and the rest is magic

magic GIF

I make my grandson laugh with that one all the time.  I remember that one from the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show a hundred years ago.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I make my grandson laugh with that one all the time.  I remember that one from the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show a hundred years ago.

That’s awesome. So will he be your plus one to the games next season?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

Hopefully we really locked him in. That is all of our biggest fears is that he pulls a Taggart on us. He seems like a very loyal guy, so I am very hopeful AD Kelly hit a grandslam with this hire!

hopefully they are smart enough to know now that the cost to buy him out if he is fired is more important than the buyout we get if he leaves.

expect the best and prepare for the worst. we will never be able to financially run off any big program but we can make sure that we don't cripple ourselves if we make a bad hire.