• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Looking forward to contract details.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully we really locked him in. That is all of our biggest fears is that he pulls a Taggart on us. He seems like a very loyal guy, so I am very hopeful AD Kelly hit a grandslam with this hire!

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  682
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

Hopefully we really locked him in. That is all of our biggest fears is that he pulls a Taggart on us. He seems like a very loyal guy, so I am very hopeful AD Kelly hit a grandslam with this hire!

It doesn’t matter who we get, we have to realize that as long as we are in the AAC our coaches will continue to get poached. That being said, CJS does seem like a pretty loyal guy (stayed at Clemson for forever even though I’m sure he had offers) and he has a connection to USF (dad graduated from here) and Florida (From Arcadia, which is about 1.5 hours away). So hopefully he gives us a good 5 years at least.

Edited by TheAccountant

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

4 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

Hell yeah! Heck I would take a home run hire if we can’t have the grandslam hire

Just now, slowdown said:

I don't think it is all of our biggest fear, that he is successful and pays us money to leave.   My biggest fear is that he sucks and we have to pay him to go away.  

That is also a fear, but his pedigree at Clemson probably makes him the most qualified coach we have be able to attract in our short football history.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  682
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Hell yeah! Heck I would take a home run hire if we can’t have the grandslam hire

I’d take a triple as long as it brings in an RBI (conference championship) lol

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 years and the rest is magic

magic GIF

3 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

It doesn’t matter who we get, we have to realize that as long as we are in the AAC our coaches will continue to get poached. That being said, CJS does seem like a pretty loyal guy (stayed at Clemson for forever even though I’m sure he had offers) and he has a connection to USF (dad graduated from here) and Florida (From Arcadia, which is about 1.5 hours away). So hopefully he gives us a good 5 years at least.

Yessir...and the recruiting and the transfer portal could pay huge dividends and the Clemson connection could lead us to getting some of their talent that had the bad fortune of not getting playing time because Clemson is so loaded with talent.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

I'm not terribly optimistic we "locked" him in. Make the buyout too high and he doesn't sign the contract, anything manageable and the big boys are going to be able to get him. FSU paid $18 million to make xCWT go away, so if our buyout is even in that range, it's doable.

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

A homerun is great too after a couple of strikeout looking by Skip and Charlie.