• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

I stated a few weeks ago we gotta suck it up for another year but man... that's a tough pill to swallow after the UCF game. However, if MK straight up says we are keeping strong and investing in the IPF, I think it would help a tiny bit that we are strategizing for success in the future. Clearly were are screwed for the next couple years with or without Strong at this point. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

I stated a few weeks ago we gotta suck it up for another year but man... that's a tough pill to swallow after the UCF game. However, if MK straight up says we are keeping strong and investing in the IPF, I think it would help a tiny bit that we are strategizing for success in the future. Clearly were are screwed for the next couple years with or without Strong at this point. 

I agree with this. We can make it through one more season of the status quo as long as we see the long term investments become reality 

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

Ok make Charlie donate 2.5 to it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Ok make Charlie donate 2.5 to it

Why would he donate a single $? He is making his money whether he stays or goes.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, SpeedyBull said:

Taggart was a recruiter, and quite frankly overachieved and hit some home runs but not sustained. I'm not saying that you can't get to winning with the right coach. I am saying that an IPF is a known improvement vs an unknown coach who may or may not be another holtz, could be a taggart, who knows. If we weren't in such a ****** contract with strong it wouldn't be an issue. My point is given our financial situation that investing an IPF would have better return than trying a new coach. Keep in mind our defense did seem to be much improved this year, and I am willing to give KB a 2nd year to see if he can get the right guys to run the offense. Our receivers have been poor this year, not sure if that is all coaching or what but KB has shown results at at ever stop and i recall him also having speed bumps year 1. 

I want them to start building, If i recall first phase would be 2 years out? If they start this year, and fire strong NEXT season if results don't improve, new coach gets shiny new toys to recruit with. If strong does get it together, then we are in great shape. In my mind I don't see how USF can fire strong AND progress on the IPF. 

Exactly,  who are we going to get to come here right now with signing period right around the corner?

What recruiting leverage does the next coach have? more freshmen "his guys" that are going to start?

Exactly.

Can? I'm not seeing this money tree, but if can really is can, sure go for it, but I'm not sold on their being a possible savior available in our price range.

Should? I can see arguments both ways, if KB really is the up and coming HC, better financially to see how he progresses next season then make the long term choice.

Yes, you dont need to wait for the 40M...Chuckles was just fired...time to break ground on the IPF...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Yes, you dont need to wait for the 40M...Chuckles was just fired...time to break ground on the IPF...

Breaking ground on an IPF this offseason will be another step forward.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Breaking ground on an IPF this offseason will be another step forward.

Do you think the incoming coach might want to push that forward???  Why yes, yes he will...

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

Unpopular opinion SUCKS and is WRONG!

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

Build the IPF now.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

On 11/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, SpeedyBull said:

All funds right now should be focused on the IPF. 

If that means short term sticking it out with a coach we can't afford to replace so be it. Long term it will have more impact on sustained success. 

If we can break ground AND fire strong, so be it. I'm not attached to him but I think if he sticks around we may just be pleasantly surprised next season. 

Break. The. Ground.

That's all I care about right now. 

18 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Unpopular opinion SUCKS and is WRONG!

Comprehension? 

"If we can break ground AND fire strong, so be it. I'm not attached to him but I think if he sticks around we may just be pleasantly surprised next season. "

Or do you just not read?

Strong is gone, If they delay the IPF I am just as pissed as if he stayed. The whole point was I did not think both could be afforded by the current finances. If choosing one I choose the IPF.  If we can indeed have our cake and eat it to I hope it is a **** delicious cake.