• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

23 years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Ok I will stop being a little ***** for now but I may revert back if something doesn’t change soon, tired of being a premenopausal woman but I need a reason to not squat when I piss.

tim and eric GIF

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/23/2019 at 10:41 PM, Rex Havoc said:

After thinking about it more...I’ll renew no matter what next season. I’d be pissed if CCS comes back, but I can’t miss out on making memories with my son. He really enjoys the games. My dad took me to Bucs games back in the 80s because I liked going, and I still remember spending time with him at the Old Sombrero. I’m sure the Bucs lost most of those games, but I didn’t care. 

Luckily yours is young enough not to notice the bad product on the field.  I thought about tickets next year, but I think my negativity is starting to rub off on my son.  He still enjoys going to the games, but I really don't want to ruin it for him.  We'll probably take a season off and see what happens after that.  Maybe a few weekends of fishing will cure me of my negative outlook.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Yeah, this is nothing. The Skippy phase was way worse, well maybe just worse. I was a lightning season ticket holder for years when they sucked bad, trudging back to my car after the 30th or 35th home loss of the season, that was bad. The Rays and their 100 loss seasons, not to mention the hit show that was more like an old folks home, that was bad. This is temporary. At the worst its never as bad as it seems and at its best its never as good as it seems. Football is going nowhere, it may take some doing to turn it around but its not going anywhere. Some asst coach from somewhere university will come along and then this will all be a bad memory. In the meantime if you aren't buying season tickets to football, feel free to spend them on basketball, baseball, soccer, whatever! You can probably get season tickets to almost all the sports for the same price or less then football. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Luckily yours is young enough not to notice the bad product on the field.  I thought about tickets next year, but I think my negativity is starting to rub off on my son.  He still enjoys going to the games, but I really don't want to ruin it for him.  We'll probably take a season off and see what happens after that.  Maybe a few weekends of fishing will cure me of my negative outlook.

Our grandson is turning sour on the games. Like his dad, he is always optimistic about our chances.  At the last game he finally sat back in his seat and stopped banging the thundersticks.  Acceptance.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Our grandson is turning sour on the games. Like his dad, he is always optimistic about our chances.  At the last game he finally sat back in his seat and stopped banging the thundersticks.  Acceptance.

This era is killing the future supporters and making them into the kind of students who go to USF but support other football teams. Probably another generation of alumni who will have no football interest because of this.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This era is killing the future supporters and making them into the kind of students who go to USF but support other football teams. Probably another generation of alumni who will have no football interest because of this.

And that may be the worst of all the other bad things going on.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

28 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, this is nothing. The Skippy phase was way worse, well maybe just worse. I was a lightning season ticket holder for years when they sucked bad, trudging back to my car after the 30th or 35th home loss of the season, that was bad. The Rays and their 100 loss seasons, not to mention the hit show that was more like an old folks home, that was bad. This is temporary. At the worst its never as bad as it seems and at its best its never as good as it seems. Football is going nowhere, it may take some doing to turn it around but its not going anywhere. Some asst coach from somewhere university will come along and then this will all be a bad memory. In the meantime if you aren't buying season tickets to football, feel free to spend them on basketball, baseball, soccer, whatever! You can probably get season tickets to almost all the sports for the same price or less then football. 

Agreed that this is not even close to rock bottom.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

On 11/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Well if he does stay here are we suppose to miss you? You are always welcome to come back when we are having success....of course then u will be a bandwagon fan. 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, Johaan said:

Anyone that has lasted this long is not a bandwagon fan...

He didn't call him one now ..... only if he bails now but comes back when things are good. That would be considered a band wagoner at that point.

On 11/23/2019 at 8:56 PM, Azmodi said:

I'm not a badwagon fan but I'd be gone too. Except, I have a fear of exiting anything falling this fast.

Now that's pretty freaking funny ....

On 11/23/2019 at 10:41 PM, Rex Havoc said:

After thinking about it more...I’ll renew no matter what next season. I’d be pissed if CCS comes back, but I can’t miss out on making memories with my son. He really enjoys the games. My dad took me to Bucs games back in the 80s because I liked going, and I still remember spending time with him at the Old Sombrero. I’m sure the Bucs lost most of those games, but I didn’t care.

There was a family walking down the stairs during halftime when the band had just saluted their seniors and was playing the alma mater. Their little boy, 3 or 4, was leading them down and throwing up the horns as the song was played. That was what this is all about .... and there were a ton of families with kids there on Saturday. This is how fan base foundations are set and we just haven't had a program long enough, with enough all in from the beginning,  to get that good foundation set yet. I have 2 growing up during that time, both chose to attend USF, both are fans, one diehard. Hopefully we have enough that stick around during the tough times to continue to get that foundation set ...

• Upvote 1