• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 games this season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

As I said earlier, I feel just as frustrated as all of the rest of those who post here and I certainly understand losing hope and faith. I expected us to be better than we have been, but I also see some signs as reason for optimism in 2020.

We've had worse "firestorms" than this one.

I see none of those signs, especially after last Saturday. It’s one thing to get blown out. It’s quite another to watch a team give up. How would you characterize the last quarter and a half of that game? When that happens, the coach has lost his program and that’s what I saw - minimal effort.

i also think that they are recruiting primarily undersized players. Nearly every team we line up against looks bigger - not necessarily faster, but definitely bigger and taller.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

24 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I see none of those signs, especially after last Saturday. It’s one thing to get blown out. It’s quite another to watch a team give up. How would you characterize the last quarter and a half of that game? When that happens, the coach has lost his program and that’s what I saw - minimal effort.

i also think that they are recruiting primarily undersized players. Nearly every team we line up against looks bigger - not necessarily faster, but definitely bigger and taller.

I would characterize the last quarter and a half as an offense that went 3 and out on every single possession (5 possessions) and a D that was gassed at that point. I believe we only possessed the ball in the 2nd half for under 11 minutes, which isn't going to win many games.

Memphis was certainly bigger, especially #77, and I am sure that size difference had something to do with us wearing down.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

16 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I would characterize the last quarter and a half as an offense that went 3 and out on every single possession (5 possessions) and a D that was gassed at that point. I believe we only possessed the ball in the 2nd half for under 11 minutes, which isn't going to win many games.

Memphis was certainly bigger, especially #77, and I am sure that size difference had something to do with us wearing down.

Exactly! I will never believe college kids give up. They just got beat by a better team. The players did their best and I will never accuse them of not trying or giving up

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

We cant be bad forever, can we??

Well, if you want, you can look at USF basketball. Might be a parallel there. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

On 11/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, John Lewis said:

What will it take for you to admit we have no reason for optimism next year?  We will score 10 again ,if c scores 49, 56, 63?  What is the number for you to stop the nonsense of us having reasons for optimism?  We are small, lack talent, no QB, poorly prepared and no heart week in and week out.  We suck and we are tired of it and for someone to come on here and say otherwise is either being disingenuous or is a ******* idiot, which one are you?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

What will it take for you to admit we have no reason for optimism next year?  We will score 10 again ,if c scores 49, 56, 63?  What is the number for you to stop the nonsense of us having reasons for optimism?  We are small, lack talent, no QB, poorly prepared and no heart week in and week out.  We suck and we are tired of it and for someone to come on here and say otherwise is either being disingenuous or is a ******* idiot, which one are you?

A little harsh there Frisco.  Jeez, it is Thanksgiving.  And we all have our own view of things.  Ease up.

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

A little harsh there Frisco.  Jeez, it is Thanksgiving.  And we all have our own view of things.  Ease up.

Think he needs more Tito’s to help him relax lol.  He needs to hold some of that fight until tomorrow night as it will be another woodshed game for USF. Thankfully I will do a toast for this season to end around midnight tomorrow. Come 11/29/19, we all can move on from this season of hell and focus on the spring game.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Think he needs more Tito’s to help him relax lol.  He needs to hold some of that fight until tomorrow night as it will be another woodshed game for USF. Thankfully I will do a toast for this season to end around midnight tomorrow. Come 11/29/19, we all can move on from this season of hell and focus on the spring game.

I agree, uncalled for, sometimes I cross the line for no reason and this was one of those times.  Sincere apologies John, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and disregard that childish rant.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Jeeze dude....

All in all. I hope many don’t take our rants too personally as we all want to same thing which is to see USF win. We all have different opinions on how to fix this so I’m cool with that. I would rather see a lot of pissed off USF fans than nothing at all because that means their is still some passion left for USF. I have faith in MK and I will think positive that things will get better. Go Bulls ! Happy Thanksgiving!! 

• Like 2