• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Cronkrite or Sands vs Memphis?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

well 💩

So Cronkrite's reason for being out is "precautionary". With almost zero chance of reaching a bowl game have we seen the last of him?  Realizing he is not playing for anything meaningful, has he chosen to not risk injury?  Wouldn't blame him if that is the case. 

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

10 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

So Cronkrite's reason for being out is "precautionary". With almost zero chance of reaching a bowl game have we seen the last of him?  Realizing he is not playing for anything meaningful, has he chosen to not risk injury?  Wouldn't blame him if that is the case. 

Wilcox should do the same

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

I found that a bit odd as well.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

After reading some of these comments on this thread, I absolutely have no words at the level of ignorance. 

1. You blame the Strength Coach for the injury to a player who has been banged up his whole career. 

2. In case you are new to football in America, football is a physical game and no resemblance of play station championships. 

3. Joiner Jr. will make you forget Cronk "down on first contact." 

4. Have the majority of this fanbase ever played football?

5. Did I mention some of you should follow the cheerleaders. Much safer than you grasp of contact sports. Then there is soccer too

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,345
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I actually think this could be the case, cory.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

After reading some of these comments on this thread, I absolutely have no words at the level of ignorance. 

1. You blame the Strength Coach for the injury to a player who has been banged up his whole career. 

2. In case you are new to football in America, football is a physical game and no resemblance of play station championships. 

5. Did I mention some of you should follow the cheerleaders. Much safer than you grasp of contact sports. Then there is soccer too

Injuries are part of the game. Agreed.  However, when our supposed speedy skill position players are consistently getting caught from behind on longer breakaway plays and our lineman on both sides of the ball are getting pushed around all season long. It is not wrong to think our players are not well conditioned or have been properly strength trained. 

Taggart was notorious for pushing the players in conditioning. (See player complaints from Oregon). The guys were not getting caught from behind then.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

1. We have had an excess of injuries this year. The strength of player plays a role. https://athleticlab.com/strength-training-to-prevent-injury-by-morgan-pillsbury/

2. Yes it is physical but it is physical for other teams too who have had less injuries.

3. I hope you are right

4. Yes, 9 years. Ran D1 track where injury prevention was a focus relative to muscle growth.

5. Make fun if you want but the player growth in weight for the linemen was only impacted with a few players. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

High frequency of injuries is just another symptom of poor S&C

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

Maybe Strong can get a new s&c coach in the portal. Maybe it is one of the many missing pieces that Strong failed to develop or hire.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

If that's the case, then most of us on TBP should sit out the rest of the season to not risk injury.

Edited by Bull Nut