• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2020 and 2021 AAC Football Schedule

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

I haven't seen anything that says the conference winner from 8 of 11 conferences would be granted an auto berth (berth...not birth...berth 😗) , which makes me think, if it did expand, it would pretty much fall to the top 8 ranked teams. I will say this. I don't hang onto every word uttered in the bowl season, but I just happened to catch some game, commentary during the half time, where the question was asked "Should the G5 have their own playoff?". Both commentators said yes. Their own little G5 playoff and champion. I mention it in passing. 

From December of 2018

Arguing Against Expansion...

College Football Playoff expansion talk is picking up steam – again.

This time some athletic directors and conference commissioners broke the party line and told The Athletic it’s time to consider a change. The reason is obvious. Power Five ADs might cite UCF’s plight, but the reason the Big 12, Big Ten and Pac-12 are pushing for more teams is a selfish one. They're tired of being left out.

Edited by WoolyBully
Added commentary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

I haven't seen anything that says the conference winner from 8 of 11 conferences would be granted an auto berth (berth...not birth...berth 😗) , which makes me think, if it did expand, it would pretty much fall to the top 8 ranked teams. I will say this. I don't hang onto every word uttered in the bowl season, but I just happened to catch some game, commentary during the half time, where the question was asked "Should the G5 have their own playoff?". Both commentators said yes. Their own little G5 playoff and champion. I mention it in passing. 

From December of 2018

Arguing Against Expansion...

If there is no guarantee for a G5 team then we will be shut out again. It’s nothing more than the rich getting richer. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

I needed someone else to step up...got keep some bullets in the ‘ol holster...there will be a lot of work needed by me in the next few weeks...

Say it... SAY IT!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If there is no guarantee for a G5 team then we will be shut out again. It’s nothing more than the rich getting richer. 

Thing being floated by tv commentators was 5 P5 champs, top ranked G5, and 2 wild cards (surely from the P5).  Obviously pure speculation and conjecture

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Thing being floated by tv commentators was 5 P5 champs, top ranked G5, and 2 wild cards (surely from the P5).  Obviously pure speculation and conjecture

If that should come to fruition then I think most of us would be happy. I guess I just don’t trust the P5 conferences making this happening. Just having a chance at the playoff, albeit small, makes a big difference.