• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott Frost is 8-14 and got an extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Nebraska is or was  a storied program with resources. How does this program think it has the right to prematurely remove a coach that has won 2 conference championships in his 9 year career? People this place was not stocked with any talent in the most important position on the field behind QF. The guy that came in got hurt and the young guy is just not ready. If you want to like the blue bloods then do as the blue bloods do!!! Be patient and let the guy do what he is paid to do. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

If CCS got an extension for his decline the tens of fans we have left will be rioting in the streets. If rewarding failure is the one thing a P5 program did that you want to emulate that is going to be a hard pass from most of the fans, why not go with the thousands of things they did right like get more money, better access, better bowls, better coverage and firing failure like FSU did? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

he won a national championship with Nebraska as the starting QB...

he beat Peyton Manning (who played for Tennessee at the time) in the Orange Bowl 42-17

Jesus if there is anyone to pin your hopes on rebuilding your program, it's him. 

It would be like us hiring Grothe, or even Quinton Flowers

How do you say no to someone like that? Is there anyone who wants it more, than a quarterback who played for that school and won a championship with him as the QB?

Yea yea yea we all know he coached UCF and handed our team it's ass... but besides that, I say pay the man. He earned it on the field as the QB, and I think he'll do alright as the coach in time. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I think everyone has a ceiling. As a coach that ceiling may be exemplified by where and what position he's coaching. Skippy kicked butt in CUSA, sucked in the Big East and is kicking butt again in CUSA. CCS seemed to be a good coach at UF and the 'Ville, sucked at UT and now USF. CWT was winning at WKU and USF, but now seems to have gotten over his head.

Frost was a winning QB, winning OC, and won at UCF. Like CWT, he may be in over his head. 

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Should we put more stock into what we have seen - 4 wins, 13 losses over his last 17 games - or what you hope happens? If all it took was giving Strong more time (beyond the 3 he already has had) as a guarentee of success then no coach would ever get fired.

I trust what I have seen - Strong will never win a Conference Championship here.

But....portal?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I think everyone has a ceiling. As a coach that ceiling may be exemplified by where and what position he's coaching. Skippy kicked butt in CUSA, sucked in the Big East and is kicking butt again in CUSA. CCS seemed to be a good coach at UF and the 'Ville, sucked at UT and now USF. CWT was winning at WKU and USF, but now seems to have gotten over his head.

Frost was a winning QB, winning OC, and won at UCF. Like CWT, he may be in over his head. 

It’s because CCS doesn’t have a long enough neck.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Here's what will probably happen.

CCS is going to be here next season. He will probably win 3-5 games and then the staff will be fired at years end.

They will pay some portion of the remaining $2.7 million left on his contract for 2021. We hire some young coach and pay him like $1.5 million and he will have 3 years to turn it around. 

Maybe somewhere in there will break ground on an IPF. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I think that he delivers 10 wins next year. There are a lot of new faces flying around on the d. I think he will hit to portal hard one more time, just like SMU and get some talent that can contribute immediately. This year's team is starting to show flashes. Have you know we don't have near as many penalties over the last couple of games? I was glad to see Hopple play RT, a move that should have happened long ago. If there is someone who could show Billy A. out the door would be helpful. I'm not blaming the kicker, he just had a very bad day, but I do think I would find a replacement that is reliable.  

I'm truly hoping Barnett applies for a medical red shirt. I think he qualifies for one and it would give us a chance to get Rodemaker a chance  to develop. Barnett can be good if he had some help. McDoom has turned it up a notch...Weaver will get bigger and stronger. We have a guy from Tn that is sitting out that is electric. There is also a true freshmen coming in. That room will get better in a hurry. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Be patient and let the guy do what he is paid to do. 

What did Scott Frost accomplish in 3 years at a measly AAC team coming off a winless season?  What did Strong do in 3 years after taking over a high octane winning program?

Yeah I bet you don't like those type of Scott Frost comparisons now do you.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Charly urm Corea, this is not the type of thread to be making at this time. You ahem, I mean Strong was brought here because he was a Good Coach, Great Recruiter and a Defensive minded Coach. You ahem Strong has failed in most of that and has vastly underperformed his peers. You have urm Strong has had three years to recruit his own players and we are worse off for it. Please do not compare yourself urm Stong with a Nebraska legend when you do this, you look silly.

irish rugby boxing GIF by VodafoneIreland

Edited by Azmodi
  • Haha 2
  • ???? 1