• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talent Level is Declining Each Year!!! / Poor Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

More interested in this guy as a grad transfer

https://vstateblazers.com/sports/football/roster/rogan-wells/3663

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

I believe in Coach Strong when he was hired but each year the talent level under him continues to decline significantly. 

These players just can't do the little things (or big things) to win games and get the job done.

Each year, I would get excited with Coach Strong's recruiting classes, but I just don't see enough talent to replace what is leaving the program (Wilcox, Cronkrite, Livingstone, etc.). I thought Coach Strong's best quality was recruiting, but I am just not seeing it!

The Offensive Line is terrible. I thought some of the O-Line recruits over the last few years would pan out, but only Jennings is any good.

Coach Strong needs to get fired ASAP!

Jesus dude talk about being late to the party and not having the money for the cover charge....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus dude talk about being late to the party and not having the money for the cover charge....

I think that his post was a medley of TBP's Greatest Hits for this year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

18 hours ago, Corey lea said:

So Tag left a full cupboard?  CCS has had 2 full classes. Ideally you want to play mostly upperclassmen in the trenches. The team had nothing behind Flowers in the most important position on the field. Unfortunately Barnett got hurt this year. The team did enough to win. 

Yeah it's Taggart's fault we aren't winning in year 3.... He should have left this program stacked for the next 4 years plus.

couldn't have to do with 2 of our worst recruiting classes ever signed under strong.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

47 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Yeah it's Taggart's fault we aren't winning in year 3.... He should have left this program stacked for the next 4 years plus.

couldn't have to do with 2 of our worst recruiting classes ever signed under strong.

How dare you throw shade at Saint Charles.

best western angel GIF

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Recruiting under Charlie has been poor. Usf is above 5th or 6th place classes in conference. When temple and Tulane are out recruiting the team in Tampa... There's a problem. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

So did you win a championship with Tags great classes? Those rankings mean nothing.

55 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

So did you win a championship with Tags great classes? Those rankings mean nothing.

they actually do mean something.

clearly we are in  the position of going 4-8 because of strong's terrible recruiting

we won 10+ games with Taggart's recruits

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

they actually do mean something.

clearly we are in  the position of going 4-8 because of strong's terrible recruiting

we won 10+ games with Taggart's recruits

So do you think CO or BK could have worked the offense like Flowers? I'll answer that for you ...and that would be a negative. It's apparent you don't know a lot about competing at a higher level. So I'll give you this scenario. Texas fired Strong prematurely, Herman beat Georgia with Strong's recruits and got an extension. Now they are 6-4 with Herman's top 5 classes. That's national and not conference. So your argument is flawed. Louisville had 15 players drafted after Strong left that were recruited by Strong and what did Petrino do once Strong's players left? Exactly!!! Keep in mind, both of those programs have money!!

44 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

So do you think CO or BK could have worked the offense like Flowers? I'll answer that for you ...and that would be a negative. It's apparent you don't know a lot about competing at a higher level. So I'll give you this scenario. Texas fired Strong prematurely, Herman beat Georgia with Strong's recruits and got an extension. Now they are 6-4 with Herman's top 5 classes. That's national and not conference. So your argument is flawed. Louisville had 15 players drafted after Strong left that were recruited by Strong and what did Petrino do once Strong's players left? Exactly!!! Keep in mind, both of those programs have money!!

it's year 3. you need to stop using the Taggart excuse. did you expect him to leave 2 all conference QBs on the roster? How many NFL RBs did he need? More than 2? What about NFL wideouts? or NFL D-linemen? Funny how things fell apart at UofL after Strong left but the same happened here and you just blame that on Taggart.

Strong never had a winning record at Texas in 3 years and lost to Kansas for the first time since 1938 in year 3

Strong only had success at UofL because the dirty athletic department brought in Clint Hurtt and the Miami 5, including teddy bridgewater, before they were going to be put on probation at Miami for cheating.