• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talent Level is Declining Each Year!!! / Poor Recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  0

I believe in Coach Strong when he was hired but each year the talent level under him continues to decline significantly. 

These players just can't do the little things (or big things) to win games and get the job done.

Each year, I would get excited with Coach Strong's recruiting classes, but I just don't see enough talent to replace what is leaving the program (Wilcox, Cronkrite, Livingstone, etc.). I thought Coach Strong's best quality was recruiting, but I am just not seeing it!

The Offensive Line is terrible. I thought some of the O-Line recruits over the last few years would pan out, but only Jennings is any good.

Coach Strong needs to get fired ASAP!

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

How many threads are you going to start about the same stuff we have been talking about for days?  You can just post on one of the 2471 posts on these topics.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I think we lost 3 commits this week.. Didn't we?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, BullAdrian said:

Verbals which doesn’t mean much to me because recruiting season is crazy like that. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

So Tag left a full cupboard?  CCS has had 2 full classes. Ideally you want to play mostly upperclassmen in the trenches. The team had nothing behind Flowers in the most important position on the field. Unfortunately Barnett got hurt this year. The team did enough to win. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, BullAdrian said:

We lost 2 commits and picked up one committ. Teams lose and gains commits all of the time. But when it happens to USF the world is coming to an end?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

So Tag left a full cupboard?  CCS has had 2 full classes. Ideally you want to play mostly upperclassmen in the trenches. The team had nothing behind Flowers in the most important position on the field. Unfortunately Barnett got hurt this year. The team did enough to win. 

People want to rag on Strong for not having a QB named Flowers or Bridgewater, yet some quickly forget Taggart did literally the same exact thing, if not worse. 

Strong brought in a QB last year that was able to get us bowl eligible. Taggart was never even close to that with someone not named QF. And if you want to blame it on “Taggart not having anyone to work with,” go ahead and look at Mike White’s stats, our 2 year starter before Flowers, AFTER he left USF. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

It would not surprise me to see Rodemaker decommit soon. He is taking an official visit to Pittsburgh on the 30th

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

It would not surprise me to see Rodemaker decommit soon. He is taking an official visit to Pittsburgh on the 30th

Im confident he is staying. He is still going hard with the other recruits on twitter.  But peep this interview with him.

http://www.gpb.org/blogs/gpb-sports-blog/2019/11/03/five-questions-valdosta-qb-tate-rodemaker

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im confident he is staying. He is still going hard with the other recruits on twitter.  But peep this interview with him.

http://www.gpb.org/blogs/gpb-sports-blog/2019/11/03/five-questions-valdosta-qb-tate-rodemaker

Wishful thinking on your part. That interview was a fluff piece.