• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Does Strong Actually Do?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

46 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This guy on 247 nails it in regards to Chuckles.  Seems to have some insight in to the program.

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/board/59416/Contents/false-narratives-138613250/

Well written. I liken this to a medical device sales rep who has only worked for big companies, has all the resources, and is on contract with all the hospitals. Then, they take their stellar resume, and apply for a job with a startup or company with no contracts and limited resources. 8 out of 10 fail as they have to actually sell for the first time.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Well written. I liken this to a medical device sales rep who has only worked for big companies, has all the resources, and is on contract with all the hospitals. Then, they take their stellar resume, and apply for a job with a startup or company with no contracts and limited resources. 8 out of 10 fail as they have to actually sell for the first time.

except he failed at Texas too where he had the wealthiest program in the country.

just seemed like another list of excuses to me. facilities, Taggart's fault, etc etc

the guy just isn't a good coach(ie a coach's responsibilities are more than just x's and o's)

He's not a good recruiter. He's not a good game manager. He's not a good motivator. Doesn't know how to manage the program.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Skingraft said:

That reminds me of a former Vice-Dean of a college I worked at. In the public interview process they were asked how to deal with budget shortfalls. Coming from the ivy league the answer was "you take from the endowment."

Despite that answer they got the job.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

except he failed at Texas too where he had the wealthiest program in the country.

just seemed like another list of excuses to me. facilities, Taggart's fault, etc etc

the guy just isn't a good coach(ie a coach's responsibilities are more than just x's and o's)

He's not a good recruiter. He's not a good game manager. He's not a good motivator. Doesn't know how to manage the program.

Taggart for all his X and O's faults was a great motivator and salesperson. He could sell the kids on the program and create excitement. Sure he mostly sold himself but he was doing more to sell the program than grumpy Chuck does.

42 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Taggart for all his X and O's faults was a great motivator and salesperson. He could sell the kids on the program and create excitement. Sure he mostly sold himself but he was doing more to sell the program than grumpy Chuck does.

Taggart developed and ran a top 5 offense here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I love how if anyone tries to disparage Taggart's time here Bull94 appears out of thin air immediately.  

Similarly if some attempts to disparage Leavitt,  puc86 comes swooping in. Thanks for trying to keep us on the straight and narrow members.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

9 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I love how if anyone tries to disparage Taggart's time here Bull94 appears out of thin air immediately.  

Similarly if some attempts to disparage Leavitt,  puc86 comes swooping in. Thanks for trying to keep us on the straight and narrow members.  

peace out goodbye GIF by Karsten Torebjer

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Where is Skips support team?

skip holtz GIF

43 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

never understood the hate for a coach who arguably was the most successful coach that we have had here

I guess it's the scorned fans that felt rejected

30 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Where is Skips support team?

skip holtz GIF

that would be cousin ricky and jtrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Days Won:  25

Charlie is  like a vampire sucking the life from the players, program, and fan base. Maybe he is practicing for those select nights at the Castle.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw