• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Ranks All 353 MBB Teams....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

55 and sixth in league is firmly on the bubble.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Getting blown out by #6 gators in a closed scrimmage makes me pause about my expectations for this season.

There is a big jump from where we are to the #6 team in the nation. It’s not like we are reaching the final four. Also in that scrimmage the entire bench played.  We will be fine...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

51 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Getting blown out by #6 gators in a closed scrimmage makes me pause about my expectations for this season.

My hope was to be a top 50 team I don’t think losing to a top 6 team really tempers that. I don’t think anyone thought we were a top 10 team.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Like gat said, hard to really judge not having seen the game so don’t know if it was that bad of a “blowout” or not. JKs tweets indicated a lot of players used with no one getting more than 28 minutes. Only out rebounded by 1 with our rebounding machine only playing 13 minutes. 

And I think I saw Yetna only had 5 points so that seemed really odd.  I'm guessing he switched things up like the Canada trip.  With 21 turnovers, maybe Rideau didn't even play.  From where we've come, I'd be happy with doing well in the conference and deep into the NIT if not the Tourny...

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

FWIW, thought I read something to the effect of it being tied around 32-32. Surmising, but sounds like our 1s hung w/ their 1s.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, East lake bull said:

The #55 team in the country getting smoked by the #6 team isn't any different than a 15 seed getting blown out by a 2 seed in the tourney. Happens all the time.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is a big jump from where we are to the #6 team in the nation. It’s not like we are reaching the final four. Also in that scrimmage the entire bench played.  We will be fine...

Hope you are right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

With 21 turnovers, maybe Rideau didn't even play. 

UF had 20 turnovers so I'm thinking he played ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

Like gat said, hard to really judge not having seen the game so don’t know if it was that bad of a “blowout” or not. JKs tweets indicated a lot of players used with no one getting more than 28 minutes. Only out rebounded by 1 with our rebounding machine only playing 13 minutes. 

I like to find value in anything but a closed scrimmage result this time of year means nothing.  Need to be in the top 4 of the AAC to dance, if not nit will not be the end of the world. I just want to watch a competitive well coached team with grit, we will see that this year with CBG, CCS gave us none of that this year.

• Upvote 1