• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is McCloud the long term answer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That is maybe the most frustrating part of Strong as HC.  I could overlook some of the offensive issues if our defense looked like a legit top 30 style defense but three years later we look actually worse.

This! If CCS defenses would have lived up to the hype we wouldn’t be scrambling around trying to find his replacement. Maybe my memory is shot but I can’t recall the last time USF shut a team out or held them to under 10 points 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

This! If CCS defenses would have lived up to the hype we wouldn’t be scrambling around trying to find his replacement. Maybe my memory is shot but I can’t recall the last time USF shut a team out or held them to under 10 points 

Looked it up 2017 his first year we held Temple to 7 and Cincy to 3.  His defense was better with Taggarts players. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Looked it up 2017 his first year we held Temple to 7 and Cincy to 3.  His defense was better with Taggarts players. 

Yeah let's hold the phone on that...

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

They regressed and if I recall, USF escaped with a road win at Tulane in 2017. That was the year Tulane started turning the corner and it seemed like they woke up against USF as they almost made a comeback against our defense. I went back to Bourbon St after that game and got smashed & very thankful USF escaped with a win. Last season, Tulane came to Tampa and ran it down our throats! I was so pissed that I left at half time. To me, I saw too many big plays through our defense yesterday to think we can win. Only hope now is that KB’s offense wins some shoot outs cause I’m telling you USF  will continue giving up points like SMU and  Wisconsin did. Heck even terrible offense like GT scores just enough to beat us

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Got an escape plan to hide in Mexico 🇲🇽 and crash with a few Latinas while drinking margaritas if things get real bad lollove and hip hop cyn santana GIF

Is that you Smazza?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

43 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

They regressed and if I recall, USF escaped with a road win at Tulane in 2017. That was the year Tulane started turning the corner and it seemed like they woke up against USF as they almost made a comeback against our defense. I went back to Bourbon St after that game and got smashed & very thankful USF escaped with a win. Last season, Tulane came to Tampa and ran it down our throats! I was so pissed that I left at half time. To me, I saw too many big plays through our defense yesterday to think we can win. Only hope now is that KB’s offense wins some shoot outs cause I’m telling you USF  will continue giving up points like SMU and  Wisconsin did. Heck even terrible offense like GT scores just enough to beat us

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yes lol. Basically it has come down to hope right now. USF needs to get the IDF set. They don’t have time and resources to fire coaches right now. Give CCS until next season to see if he can turn it around. Wish we could have UCONN scheduled 6 more times 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

17 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

He is the best QB we have. Develop him. We do not have any better recruits and no one that is challenging him for the job. If our receivers were better he would look great. How many dropped balls that could have gotten key first downs or even better touchdowns have we seen? Is his arm strength that much worse than Flowers or Grothe?

It's worse than Flowers' and about the same as Grothe's.  It's not terrible, but it's not great either.  Mediocre would best describe it.  But, Grothe had mediocre arm strength also.  Flowers could throw the ball 60+ yards.  McCloud can throw it about 50-55 yards.  Certainly good enough to be a good college QB.  Milton from UCF doesn't have a cannon either, but he's really accurate.  I went and looked at McCloud's senior highlights and his longest throws were around 47, 48 yards or so.  Maybe 50.  Assuming, he's stronger now, he can probably get the ball about 55 yards down the field.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It's worse than Flowers' and about the same as Grothe's.  It's not terrible, but it's not great either.  Mediocre would best describe it.  But, Grothe had mediocre arm strength also.  Flowers could throw the ball 60+ yards.  McCloud can throw it about 50-55 yards.  Certainly good enough to be a good college QB.  Milton from UCF doesn't have a cannon either, but he's really accurate.  I went and looked at McCloud's senior highlights and his longest throws were around 47, 48 yards or so.  Maybe 50.  Assuming, he's stronger now, he can probably get the ball about 55 yards down the field.  

Great point we need accuracy more than length....😀

the office GIF

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,573
  • Days Won:  423

15 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Danny Wuerfel and Tim Tebow on line 1 for anyone claiming you can't be a successful college quarterback with questionable arm strength.

14 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Are you serious? Both flourished in systems that fit their skill set, had Hall of Fame coaches who played to their strengths and had 5 star talent around them.

McCloud has none of that and his arm is far weaker than those two.

I know we should always put the silent "IMO" behind statements made like this but just wanted to make sure there is absolutely no other data supporting this except your apparently biased opinion.

• Upvote 1