• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen on twitter - Ford suspended

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

oh I thought you meant eligible to actually play....

you're right. he was eligible to sit out a year so I guess that means multiple years. lol

actually the degrees some of these kids get especially at the football factories aren't to help them better their lives. it's to keep them eligible to play

My bad. Now that we’ve hammered out his eligibility, I’m on your side. This is another case of CCS indiscriminately ruining a career. That was really the part I was struggling with in deciding where to point blame.

But, since that’s your hang up, the multiple years matters immensely. If a kid had no RS available, he’s got to produce from day one. If he has it, a coach can say, “You know, let’s get him in here, work with him on and off the field. Have him demonstrate he wants to put in the effort to be part of this program.” Having two years is infinitely more appealing to a coach than just one when he’s a high risk transfer. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

My bad. Now that we’ve hammered out his eligibility, I’m on your side. This is another case of CCS indiscriminately ruining a career. That was really the part I was struggling with in deciding where to point blame.

CCS can have whatever archaic rules he wants.

Soloman obviously didn't sign with him. It's clear though that CCS is willing to run kids off to the detriment of his program.

20 kids dismissed at 2 different programs. it wasn't just Soloman.

no coach in the country has done that. Just don't be surprised when the program falls apart.

and yes his limited eligibility could be a reason why he didn't get offers. of course you and trip and neb will assume it's some nefarious reason.

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and yes his limited eligibility could be a reason why he didn't get offers. of course you and trip and neb will assume it's some nefarious reason.

Comes down to one of two options:

a) He had very limited options that had nothing to do with physical talent.

b) He gave up football and it had nothing to do with scenario a.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

We need defense!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Well, luckily that's CCS' specialty, next to mentoring kids.  

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well, luckily that's CCS' specialty, next to mentoring kids.  

Think he is gonna get fired because of his bad defense. KB will be coach in the waiting if he continues to develop McCloud this season. I see a light 💡 at end of tunnel if CCS doesn’t work out 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, Bull94 said:

it's funny how triple b says something about the rampant negative speculation than comes up with his own innocent explanation as if he knows better than anyone else. he doesn't and he is just as guilty of speculating

LOL .... Never did I say mine was an explanation, but rather a possible explanation, which is the same as speculating. Difference in my speculation and yours, along with the others dissing CCS here, is that I offer a little more support for mine, without even mentioning this was Ford's second suspension. Your supporting "argument" is that Charlie suspends a lot of players. Stick to the tangible faults of CCS to hammer on. You've got enough where you shouldn't have to make up **** like this.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

LOL .... Never did I say mine was an explanation, but rather a possible explanation, which is the same as speculating. Difference in my speculation and yours, along with the others dissing CCS here, is that I offer a little more support for mine, without even mentioning this was Ford's second suspension. Your supporting "argument" is that Charlie suspends a lot of players. Stick to the tangible faults of CCS to hammer on. You've got enough where you shouldn't have to make up **** like this.

you offer no support for yours. mentioning some guy said something on a message board and then saying maybe this means it was academic related could hardly be considered support. nor is mentioning that a player that was suspended didn't get picked up and this somehow proved that what he did was obviously very bad.

you just believe what you want to believe and try to frame that message with "support".

fact is you don't know. nobody does.

the only fact we know is that strong likes to suspend players. lots and lots of players.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you offer no support for yours. mentioning some guy said something on a message board and then saying maybe this means it was academic related could hardly be considered support. nor is mentioning that a player that was suspended didn't get picked up and this somehow proved that what he did was obviously very bad.

you just believe what you want to believe and try to frame that message with "support".

fact is you don't know. nobody does.

the only fact we know is that strong likes to suspend players. lots and lots of players.

We also know that Salomon likes to break rules/laws.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344