• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OK to question mental fitness for job? CCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Been wondering this for a long time but is this an ok thing to ask or is it off limits?  He seems to stutter quite a bit and talk in incomplete sentences/thoughts for the most part.  The thing 2 weeks ago where he basically accused the refs of calling an unfair game before the game even began and the latest revelation from a former player saying he was proud to be coach at the university of south carolina before that bowl game.  Breach of contract from hiding anything from the University?

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Should be “buyer beware”. If you go back and rewatch all the Texas post game press conferences from 2016, you will see the exact same thing.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Charlie just isn't cut out to be a head coach, that's it.  There's nothing wrong with him mentally just like there isn't with people who may be fantastic at business operations or sales but just aren't cut out to have a big picture vision and know how to get an organization to buy in move towards those goals.  The skills needed to run a program are not in his tool box, nothing more nothing less.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Is what it is..... mic..... drop....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

He is just not a communicator...at least not with media and the public. How is he with the team? We really don’t know but I suspect he talks in circles there too.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

Been wondering this for a long time but is this an ok thing to ask or is it off limits?  He seems to stutter quite a bit and talk in incomplete sentences/thoughts for the most part.  The thing 2 weeks ago where he basically accused the refs of calling an unfair game before the game even began and the latest revelation from a former player saying he was proud to be coach at the university of south carolina before that bowl game.  Breach of contract from hiding anything from the University?

How many coaches have we seen in college football that were great assistants from winning programs that bombed as a head coach same for coaches red hot from college bombing in the NFL. I see what your saying to a point. I agree that he  doesn't come off as a interesting speaker nor does he come off as someone with a lot of energy. I still think about last year and the house cleaning he did that one threw me. I'm sure the public/private beatings he's taking for the downward spiral of this program is taking its toll on him. Right now I cant even guess where this program might go. Keep losing? or Kick into gear and win more games than they lose from here on.???  Last week, so many players just looked like they had no clue. Some acted worn out. Pick a position...good thing the SMU coach is kind hearted and didn't run the score up to 60. I'm at the, Just don't know stage... This game will tell a lot. If our players lay down, get out played and we lose this game were in the **** for sure. UConn is going to try and stick it to us...We lose? I wouldn't be surprised to see CCS exit. Interim?  King?  Bell is to overloaded trying to teach his offense.   You get tired of the constant rebuilding program...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

How many coaches have we seen in college football that were great assistants from winning programs that bombed as a head coach same for coaches red hot from college bombing in the NFL. I see what your saying to a point. I agree that he  doesn't come off as a interesting speaker nor does he come off as someone with a lot of energy. I still think about last year and the house cleaning he did that one threw me. I'm sure the public/private beatings he's taking for the downward spiral of this program is taking its toll on him. Right now I cant even guess where this program might go. Keep losing? or Kick into gear and win more games than they lose from here on.???  Last week, so many players just looked like they had no clue. Some acted worn out. Pick a position...good thing the SMU coach is kind hearted and didn't run the score up to 60. I'm at the, Just don't know stage... This game will tell a lot. If our players lay down, get out played and we lose this game were in the **** for sure. UConn is going to try and stick it to us...We lose? I wouldn't be surprised to see CCS exit. Interim?  King?  Bell is to overloaded trying to teach his offense.   You get tired of the constant rebuilding program...

You did hear about the 9 game D 1 losing streak, yes?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

LOL I can't believe people haven't seen enough to still be undecided. they think we will magically turn things around. there is nothing at all to suggest this. the team comes out unprepared, sloppy, unmotivated, listless every single week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Ahh Yep sure did. If we were on a 9 game winning streak prob wouldn't have written that nor had those thoughts. Actually, I think my line of thinking and the questions our current program generates align with how many folks are thinking. Hopefully, Hopefully...( if you don't have that time to watch usf soccer) something positive will come out of this season but....the losing streak has once again made USF a laughing stock in D1. We cant sustain a winning program. You can itemize the noted negatives and you can say something is quite wrong with this program it evident. But Again, Hopefully...guess I would rather Hope they kick into gear than *****. I'm sure changes will happen don't see how that can not happen. If we win a few they wont come until the end of the season if not?????  People respect CCS so I doubt we will see a mid season canning. Good possibility the IPF donations have slowed..fans expect results. A losing ( see I know about losses) doesn't  generate a positive atmosphere. We all know that our losing has a trickle down effect. Example: We have neighbors over ( Ohio State folks) to watch us beatup on SC State oh yea!!! Then we have them over for SMU....they actually said they were sorry our team sucked so badly...now that makes you feel warm and fuzzy...So, we all get whacked on this in some way shape form...That's why I'm hanging around the Hopefully attitude...And, No more **** company over for games !!! 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/30/2019 at 6:26 PM, usfbullrider said:

Another thing I noticed, especially in the SMU post game presser - Charlie tends to stare downward when answer questions. Very rarely do you see him looking directly at the camera/media member he’s answering. He will stare down while answering, and then immediately look back up when finished. It might be nothing, but I found it a bit odd