• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect McCloud to Start Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The OL is the main problem. I feel sorry for whatever QB that has to play behind that line against any FBS team. They might as well put Horne at QB. His speed will be needed to escape the unimpeded defenses that will be heading their way.

If the O line could run block we would not be having issues at the QB spot. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I've been unfortunately saying it since the summer that our Oline is bad. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They can't run or pass block.  There are still a few blowout losses on the schedule, and that is the primary reason in my opinion. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

did he last week?

My point being, after last weeks showing, you can definitively say that JM gives us a better chance. He  is just as indecisive and does not have the arm strength for  our vertical passing game. He needs his year in the weight room and the film room. He can still save his eligibility this season and come back more prepared, keep in mind, he wasn't even a high school QB until late in his HS career so the position as a whole is still relatively new. . This is it for BB, might as well let him ride this out and take what happens. 

That’s not exactly what I was saying. I’m saying hopefully that’s the case. I don’t know at all if JM or Barnett is the better guy, I’m just hoping that whoever is out there really is the person that will give us the best chance with this God awful O line. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

These long developing routes are killing us. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

These long developing routes are killing us. 

Yes they are, and that was my fear when I first saw tape of Bell's offense at Valdosta State. He's got to adapt to the personnel he has to work with, and call nothing but quick hit pass plays until that line gets their stuff together. It's getting frustrating watching us try the slow developing pass plays with a line that can't block anybody.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

“A good back makes his own holes. Anybody can run where the holes are.”

Joe Don Looney

5 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

“A good back makes his own holes. Anybody can run where the holes are.”

Joe Don Looney

Those RBs from the 1960s and their cute sayings...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Yes they are, and that was my fear when I first saw tape of Bell's offense at Valdosta State. He's got to adapt to the personnel he has to work with, and call nothing but quick hit pass plays until that line gets their stuff together. It's getting frustrating watching us try the slow developing pass plays with a line that can't block anybody.

agree. the issue isn't the line but the offense that we are running. we didn't have a dominant line when we ran the GCO. we ran pro-style under Tags first 2 years and the line didn't work. we went to GCO and magically we became a top offense with a "great" line. this is a pro-style offense. drop back passing with runs between the tackles. we have seen this before and it doesn't work. makes the o-line look awful. here is an article on the GCO and how many teams started to copy it. The QB sets everything up with RPOs. essentially an option offense where he reads the d-ends and either gives up the middle to RB or runs on the edge. this brings safeties up and opens up deep balls as well as getting the LBs out of position. There is a reason why teams run option offenses like Army and Navy. It's because you don't need huge o-linemen to run it successfully. we need an innovative young mind to put an offense like this in place.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/12/1/16706538/the-ac-and-the-gulf-coast-offense-houston-memphis-ucf-usf-florida-state-willie-taggart

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

agree. the issue isn't the line but the offense that we are running. we didn't have a dominant line when we ran the GCO. we ran pro-style under Tags first 2 years and the line didn't work. we went to GCO and magically we became a top offense with a "great" line. this is a pro-style offense. drop back passing with runs between the tackles. we have seen this before and it doesn't work. makes the o-line look awful. here is an article on the GCO and how many teams started to copy it. The QB sets everything up with RPOs. essentially an option offense where he reads the d-ends and either gives up the middle to RB or runs on the edge. this brings safeties up and opens up deep balls as well as getting the LBs out of position. There is a reason why teams run option offenses like Army and Navy. It's because you don't need huge o-linemen to run it successfully. we need an innovative young mind to put an offense like this in place.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/12/1/16706538/the-ac-and-the-gulf-coast-offense-houston-memphis-ucf-usf-florida-state-willie-taggart

This is a **** good point