• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart Released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Macon is a stud. I think he'll be just fine.  I love Sawtelle but if I'm being honest, Macon is made for the Mike LB position.  Nicco should be a Will tbo.  But he's played enough football to know what's going on.  I think he's going to elevate the defense.  It's not like having Reaves out there last season, Macon knows how to play that spot and knows he keys and reads.  That was Reaves' biggest problem last season... the keys are different for a DE and if you don't know what the reads are as a LB, last year happens. 

Macon is a stud but has never played a down of division 1 football, or division 2 or 3, has not played a snap since 2016 and you say he has played enough football to QB this defense against a top 20 team, this is so optimistic it is borderline delusional, hope you are right Cali, not sure who your sources are but just hope they are right.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Macon is a stud but has never played a down of division 1 football, or division 2 or 3, has not played a snap since 2016 and you say he has played enough football to QB this defense against a top 20 team, this is so optimistic it is borderline delusional, hope you are right Cali, not sure who your sources are but just hope they are right.

That is true but if he was so far behind no way Strong is going to put him on the field.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Bulls On Parade said:

That is true but if he was so far behind no way Strong is going to put him on the field.  

He had to be somewhat behind in the leadership department, because no way Nico matches him physically. Like @Friscobull, I hope my concerns concerning leadership on defense are misplaced, but I have a feeling we will have quite a few big play surrenders where guys were out of place or didn't know their assignments. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

He had to be somewhat behind in the leadership department, because no way Nico matches him physically. Like @Friscobull, I hope my concerns concerning leadership on defense are misplaced, but I have a feeling we will have quite a few big play surrenders where guys were out of place or didn't know their assignments. 

That's a coaching issue. Coaches will help from the sidelines.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was competing for a starting position at OK St and was going to be in the rotation before he got hurt.  He's showed so far here he's not lost a step... I think he'll be fine.  I'd feel better with him than a true freshman.  Besides... he's a different type of talent.  He's already been impressing guys, that tells me he still has his game.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

What does the "OR" next to Nico and Pinkney's names mean?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I mean honestly Nicco has been gone since before spring.  He is a leader on defense but not the only one, the other guys have gotten use to him not being there.  I think we'll be fine.  I think Macon's starting was inevitable 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

31 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

That's good and fine, but you need a guy on the field. You can't be staring at the sidelines and trying to make last second adjustments. Again, I am hopeful that it isn't an issue, but it clearly was one last season. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

This is huge loss for this game, not sure what the plan is now.  Thinking outside the box, we could drop Reeves back to LB and have home call the plays and read the O, this worked out swimmingly last year.

I would rather see a redshirt freshman at LB than Reeves again. I don’t think that is even an option with the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1