• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart Released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I hope so, but can you imagine him with a head of steam blocking out in the flats for Johnny Ford? What CB is going to be able to stop him? 

So put the ball in his hands on occasion. Maybe right after he crushed the corner for Ford.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

This is just a dummy chart. No way in hell Strong is going trot Sanders and Robert's out there and have Sails, if eligible, or Burnett. The shock was Davis over Lepoint at Free Safety. I'm good with it, Davis will put your head on a swivel.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Corey lea said:

This is just a dummy chart. No way in hell Strong is going trot Sanders and Robert's out there and have Sails, if eligible, or Burnett. The shock was Davis over Lepoint at Free Safety. I'm good with it, Davis will put your head on a swivel.

He was really lauding Sanders at his press conference today. He noted that he is undersized, but is fast. I want the best guy for the job to be on the field at all times. If Sanders has improved as much as I think he has, and as much as CCS has indicated, I am excited to see him play and continue to grow. 

20 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Okay. Sawtelle is out for Friday? 

I thought we were running a 3 3 5?

We will likely run both at times this season, depending on the opponent. For Wisconsin, it makes sense to be in a 4-3. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

34 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

My concern isn't physical. Anyone looking at the two can tell that Macon is physically more gifted. My bigger concern is LEADING the defense. Making calls on the field and correcting what other guys are doing. Who is going to do that for us with Nico out? I believe that is a big part of what hurt us in his absence last season. 

Macon is a stud. I think he'll be just fine.  I love Sawtelle but if I'm being honest, Macon is made for the Mike LB position.  Nicco should be a Will tbo.  But he's played enough football to know what's going on.  I think he's going to elevate the defense.  It's not like having Reaves out there last season, Macon knows how to play that spot and knows he keys and reads.  That was Reaves' biggest problem last season... the keys are different for a DE and if you don't know what the reads are as a LB, last year happens. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

He was really lauding Sanders at his press conference today. He noted that he is undersized, but is fast. I want the best guy for the job to be on the field at all times. If Sanders has improved as much as I think he has, and as much as CCS has indicated, I am excited to see him play and continue to grow. 

Do you have a link to the presser? I think he is using it as a decoy. Trying to bait the OC to prepare to throw to that side. Lol Sails and Sanders probably swapped numbers. Lol

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That's correct. I don't know how quick of a study Macon is, but we NEED someone on the field capable of doing this. I honestly would have felt better against Wisconsin having both Nico and Macon on the field at the same time. Against their run first approach I thought it could be effective. 

I am by no means saying that someone else can't step up and be the guy, but it is a concern until I see someone do it. You could hear the disappointment in CCS's voice during his presser when he talked about Nico being unavailable for this game. 

This is huge loss for this game, not sure what the plan is now.  Thinking outside the box, we could drop Reeves back to LB and have home call the plays and read the O, this worked out swimmingly last year.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting.  Let's go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

How did Udunayo Seriki Jr not make the pronunciation chart?  I'm shocked. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Do you have a link to the presser? I think he is using it as a decoy. Trying to bait the OC to prepare to throw to that side. Lol Sails and Sanders probably swapped numbers. Lol

I'm thinking he realizes that Sanders is best suited to play nickle right now. I'm sure he would prefer Sails out there for coverage. He is more experienced and better adept at playing CB. Sanders will play more of a role when we have to go out in a 3-3-5. I expect us to be in a 4-3 most of the night. Our CBs will have to do a great job one-on-one, as the safeties will be relied upon to help stop the run.