• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tailgate Menu 2019

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I usually grill at the tailgate.. I do smoke meat but it takes so long that it is not worth doing at a 5 hour tailgate. I might have to step up the food game a little this year.. Burgers, dogs and brats have been done a lot. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

31 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Y'all are crazy... way too hot at 4pm in August for all that hot food and grillin....

Pub Subs, Sweet Tea, potato salad, cold fried chicken!

I may throw in some WI cheese for a theme!  HAHA!

image.png.5a84da47bf25e23fbd0797052519bbe0.png

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, Ryan said:

OMG how could you leave out some important wisconsin things ...

Wisconsin tailgate important things: Beer cheese soup, cheese curds, beer brats, miller beer, garlic butter stuffed chicken, kringles, cream puffs, and literally ANY AND ALL CHEESE AND BEER .... unless its BUDWEISER, F**K BUDWEISER

We are looking at 15 to 20 at the Wisconsin tailgate. Our current plan is brats, polish sausage, cheese curds, and enough cheese products to bind me up for a month. For beer, I am bringing Miller High Life, Schlitz, and Pabst Blue Ribbon, the original big 3. Others can bring the craft beer. 

I am looking for some Sheboygans. They may have them at the butcher I'm getting the polish sausage from.

Some Wisconsin transplants are bringing this cheese item...

buckycheese.JPG

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, Nick Carroll said:

I usually grill at the tailgate.. I do smoke meat but it takes so long that it is not worth doing at a 5 hour tailgate. I might have to step up the food game a little this year.. Burgers, dogs and brats have been done a lot. 

If I’m doing a brisket or pulled pork or something I usually try to finish up a little before we’re trying to leave and throw it in an empty cooler wrapped in foil and towels. Opened up an hour later at the tailgate and you’ve got a delicious hot meal. The other option we did last year was sous vide the meat before hand and just sear at the tailgate. Allowed us some pretty delicious steaks last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Heath said:

If I’m doing a brisket or pulled pork or something I usually try to finish up a little before we’re trying to leave and throw it in an empty cooler wrapped in foil and towels. Opened up an hour later at the tailgate and you’ve got a delicious hot meal. The other option we did last year was sous vide the meat before hand and just sear at the tailgate. Allowed us some pretty delicious steaks last year.

How did you keep those warm, with towels, etc?  I like the idea of doing the sous vide but we usually don't do the main meal until 2 or 3 hours after we leave the house.  Worry about keeping it at that temp.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How did you keep those warm, with towels, etc?  I like the idea of doing the sous vide but we usually don't do the main meal until 2 or 3 hours after we leave the house.  Worry about keeping it at that temp.

Changing the subject on you.

Looking for breweries near GaTech I found this - http://badabingsatl.com/  -  Bada Bings Bourbon, Beer and Burgers.

I'm thinking false alarm since they advertise Happy Hour - $2.00 Tall Boy PBR's and Millers. But, you never know.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8

53 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

https://amazingribs.com/more-technique-and-science/more-cooking-science/faux-cambro-can-save-your-butt-turkey-and-save-face

If you do a lot of grilling I can’t recommend this website enough. Meathead is awesome.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

On 8/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, jchem1995 said:

I’ll start

Wisconsin - Beer and Cheese Bratwurst plus sautéed onions, peppers and mustard.

South  Carolina State - Beef Brisket, mac n cheese and corn bread muffins.

SMU - This is a toss up until we know game time. Noon kick off it’s steak and eggs. Anything later,  smoked meatloaf, baked potato,

BYU - Toss up with SMU for Steak and eggs for noon kickoff. anything later, something Mormon. 

Temple- Philly Cheesesteaks all the way.

Cincinnati - Chilli Tampa style.

Memphis - 4 racks of ribs. Two Memphis style rub two bbq.

Championship game - Lobster tail. 

I hope the team prepares as well as you do.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I like to crotch mine... amazing how warm and moist your gooch can keep things on a hot day

• Crying 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172

On 8/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, swamprat said:

We are looking at 15 to 20 at the Wisconsin tailgate. Our current plan is brats, polish sausage, cheese curds, and enough cheese products to bind me up for a month. For beer, I am bringing Miller High Life, Schlitz, and Pabst Blue Ribbon, the original big 3. Others can bring the craft beer. 

I am looking for some Sheboygans. They may have them at the butcher I'm getting the polish sausage from.

Some Wisconsin transplants are bringing this cheese item...

buckycheese.JPG

Perfect, sounds great!

On 8/21/2019 at 10:11 AM, swamprat said:

What I want to get my hands on is a six pack of Huber Dark. @Ryan do they sell Huber Dark all year round, now? You used to only be able to get it during Lent, when they clean the vats out. It used to be my favorite time of year in Milwaukee.

Sorry, past 5 or 6 days I've been really busy, had a wedding in Manitowoc and some other stuff.  But yeah as far as I know, I can only get it during Lent