• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO UNIVERSITY OF "SOUTHERN" FLORIDA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

55 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Am I reading this correct that they will withdraw by July 1, 2022?  Are they considering hanging around so they don't have to pay the early departure fee?

The way I read that is technically they cannot leave without giving a 27 month notice and it still costs them $10 million. 

So they technically can stick around until their exit is negotiated. They obviously want to join the Big East before then but they are leaving themselves the option to stay through the 2021-2022 year. At least they are saying that and legally I believe they have to. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

uconn is trying to get out of the conference by paying the smallest exit fee. The uconn fans are talking about the conference should let them stay until 2021 but after the letter and the commissioner comments I don’t see any way they let uconn stay after the 2019-2020 season. As far as the tourneys go I would put any tourney near uconn this year unless there is an agreeement in place that it stays at that site until a specific date

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I will have to take your word for it. I tried googling aac conference and it said did you mean ACC.

And least we forget...Wichita State Univ.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Funny...couldn't remember what their mascots name was so I looked it up--FYI  WuShock..but under freq asked questions one read...Where is Wichita State Univ located? Answer is: Wichita

I find interest in most things...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Jezzz, some of you sound like sports snobs and  meanwhile we ain’t won **** in the sports that really count...all we got is some old footage of beating WVU at home....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jezzz, some of you sound like sports snobs and  meanwhile we ain’t won **** in the sports that really count...all we got is some old footage of beating WVU at home....

It beats the hell out of footage of beating Tulane and SMU which even if they give you a trophy at the end of still doesn’t mean **** to anyone on planet earth. Ask anyone would you rather beat x team from the AAC or #5 WVU with White and Slaton and 100 out of 100 will pick WVU no matter what made up achievement you try to attach to the aforementioned. When we make the AAC championship there will be less than 40k in attendance and it will have excitement level slightly bellow a funeral. You can pretend as long as you like that it will be more important but I believe the results speak for themselves. The WVU was electric, people cared, it was loud, it was engaged and it mattered. We will never once see this in the AAC because you can’t force things to matter to people and you can’t make something important just because you win something no one cares about. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Answer is: Wichita

I think the people train runs through Wichita.

The fact that we haven’t won an AAC trophy means little.  How many have there been 5?   And we joined it in the worst era of our entire existence.  The fact we’ve underperformed doesn’t make the conference better.

Appreciate the past.  Maybe there are some things that we can learn to improve the present and future.

Maybe if we beat Houston or Memphis we’ll have a sold out stadium erupting, but I doubt it.

charles barkley laughing GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It beats the hell out of footage of beating Tulane and SMU which even if they give you a trophy at the end of still doesn’t mean **** to anyone on planet earth. Ask anyone would you rather beat x team from the AAC or #5 WVU with White and Slaton and 100 out of 100 will pick WVU no matter what made up achievement you try to attach to the aforementioned. When we make the AAC championship there will be less than 40k in attendance and it will have excitement level slightly bellow a funeral. You can pretend as long as you like that it will be more important but I believe the results speak for themselves. The WVU was electric, people cared, it was loud, it was engaged and it mattered. We will never once see this in the AAC because you can’t force things to matter to people and you can’t make something important just because you win something no one cares about. 

Which again we have won nothing. No body remembers WVU except us old farts on this board. It’s yesterday’s news. If we do win the AAC I guarantee that 99.9% (minus you) you will orgasmic with finally winning something that can be seen later in HD...

• Upvote 3