• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO UNIVERSITY OF "SOUTHERN" FLORIDA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

News Flash......Today’s Headline:

USF IS IN THE AAC

NEW ENGLAND BULL WANTS A MOTHER ******* CONFERENCE TITLE BEFORE HE DIES OF OLD AGE.

Yes it would be the greatest accomplishment and I am not sure if we are even close to getting there....I AM STILL WAITING!!!!

Honestly, it's hard to rank the greatest accomplishments with this team. I guess rising to #2 would be tops? Beating #5 WVU is certainly up there, and it was definitely the most exciting. The other way to look at that is it was a midseason win that ultimately helped lead to....a 9-4 record and a blowout loss to Oregon in the bowl game. I agree though, I'd love to see us win a conference championship. Where that would rank among our greatest accomplishments, it's hard to say.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

On 7/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, puc86 said:

I think anyone will agree that if we are in the AAC that winning it is probably preferable to not but where we tend to see disagreement is if it will be the have all be all pivotal defining moment in our program. I’m sure there are tons of people that think winning the xfl is better than being middle of the pack in the nfl I just have not met any of them irl.

Who says winning the AAC would be a pivotal, defining moment for our program? I don’t hear anyone saying that. I’ll tell you, there will be very little lasting glory to winning the CBI, but I sure enjoyed the run. It was a long way from the Final Four, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t enjoyable or significant in its own way for our program. The same would go for winning the AAC in football. Pivotal or defining? No. Enjoyable and meaningful in a way for our program. Yep. Don’t discount the value of it so easily. You talk like we’re some decades-old program. We’re still a young and developing program in a lot of ways. We got spoiled by our early success. We weren’t the norm. We were the exception.  Of course, you’ll now explain how wrong I am and how we’re destined to minor-league purgatory forever. Maybe, but I’d bet not. Just enjoy today a little and don’t worry so much about yesterday or tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

On 7/11/2019 at 5:38 PM, puc86 said:

It beats the hell out of footage of beating Tulane and SMU which even if they give you a trophy at the end of still doesn’t mean **** to anyone on planet earth. Ask anyone would you rather beat x team from the AAC or #5 WVU with White and Slaton and 100 out of 100 will pick WVU no matter what made up achievement you try to attach to the aforementioned. When we make the AAC championship there will be less than 40k in attendance and it will have excitement level slightly bellow a funeral. You can pretend as long as you like that it will be more important but I believe the results speak for themselves. The WVU was electric, people cared, it was loud, it was engaged and it mattered. We will never once see this in the AAC because you can’t force things to matter to people and you can’t make something important just because you win something no one cares about. 

I guess the significance of such game would really depend on the circumstances of the season, wouldn’t it? If it came at the end of an undefeated season that included non-conference wins against Florida, Texas and Louisville, I’d bet the stadium might be pretty jacked up. We don’t have to just be the underdog to get excited, do we? To your point, would we remember that game more than the non league wins in time? Maybe not, but it would still be fun to be in the stands when the team was playing for something that mattered. I’d bet there would be a whole lot of others there with me given that scenario.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If we do win the AAC I guarantee that 99.9% (minus you) you will orgasmic with finally winning something that can be seen later in HD...

Make that 99.7%

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I know Puc says it don’t matter but F that, i want to say we won something at least once, is that too much to Fuc?$ing ask?

Basketball conference titles in the little leagues mean far more than the football conference titles.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

Make that 99.7%

Too bad you and the Pucster will have to take the two weeks off from the board while the rest of us celebrate...I’ll send you celebration pics when it does happen so you don’t get too lonely 😀🤘

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Honestly, it's hard to rank the greatest accomplishments with this team. I guess rising to #2 would be tops? Beating #5 WVU is certainly up there, and it was definitely the most exciting. The other way to look at that is it was a midseason win that ultimately helped lead to....a 9-4 record and a blowout loss to Oregon in the bowl game. I agree though, I'd love to see us win a conference championship. Where that would rank among our greatest accomplishments, it's hard to say.

Winning that game at Auburn really was the first huge win that put us on the map.

I rank that at the top.....certainly WVU win was huge but i rank Auburn a little bit ahead beause it put us in the limelight for really the first time.

44 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Winning that game at Auburn really was the first huge win that put us on the map.

Pitt was huge, but 9/11 was huger.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

44 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I rank that at the top.....certainly WVU win was huge but i rank Auburn a little bit ahead beause it put us in the limelight for really the first time.

Gotta tell you..beating FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, GT  didn't feel painful at all. Just fun as hell to beat the bigs some on their home turf. Of course they were all in their down years ( cough bull ****) that's the excuse. A win is a win is a win....We just gotta learn to aim and fly high but not crash and burn in the same season

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

That's definitely up there as well. I felt like we really arrived with the WVU game though. We really had the National spotlight that night, at home, and proved that Auburn was no fluke.

Edited by USFBulls727