• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GO UNIVERSITY OF "SOUTHERN" FLORIDA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

The fact that we haven’t won an AAC trophy means little.  How many have there been 5?   And we joined it in the worst era of our entire existence.  The fact we’ve underperformed doesn’t make the conference better.

Appreciate the past.  Maybe there are some things that we can learn to improve the present and future.

How about the fact we have never won ****??? I think it means a lot. **** the past...it’s gone and we won **** there too....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Which again we have won nothing. No body remembers WVU except us old farts on this board. It’s yesterday’s news. If we do win the AAC I guarantee that 99.9% (minus you) you will orgasmic with finally winning something that can be seen later in HD...

This reminds me of every argument I’ve ever had with a marketing person where there is hundreds of things that need to be done but you don’t get any results from any one of them it’s not until you do all of them that everything will miracle itself into place. We aren’t building an arch where the keystone stabilizes the whole thing there should be a path where everything continues to grow just like it did in 2007. You can dream that no one will give a **** on wins 1-8 but will magically be moved by aac win 9 but life doesn’t work that way. I actually care more about USF and the aac than 99 percent of the area because I actually go to the games but I am also aware enough to recognize that the number will not increase 2.5x even if we win 50 aac games in a row, the same can’t be said for one #5 WVU game. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How about the fact we have never won ****??? I think it means a lot. **** the past...it’s gone and we won **** there too....

I'm with you here. Whatever conference we're in, I'd like to see us win it for once. The WVU game that people are bringing up was a completely different situation with us being in an AQ conference. We'd all love to be P5, but we're not, and might not be for a LOOOONG time, if ever. Winning this conference at least gets us a likely shot at an NY6 game and some great exposure. That's the best we can do for now, along with scheduling an occasional Wisconsin, or Alabama, or GT, etc, which our AD has been doing. Crying about our situation doesn't make it go away. Everybody's entitled to their opinion of course, but I'd definitely like to see us win the AAC. Beats being a middle of the pack AAC team in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm with you here. Whatever conference we're in, I'd like to see us win it for once. The WVU game that people are bringing up was a completely different situation with us being in an AQ conference. We'd all love to be P5, but we're not, and might not be for a LOOOONG time, if ever. Winning this conference at least gets us a likely shot at an NY6 game and some great exposure. That's the best we can do for now, along with scheduling an occasional Wisconsin, or Alabama, or GT, etc, which our AD has been doing. Crying about our situation doesn't make it go away. Everybody's entitled to their opinion of course, but I'd definitely like to see us win the AAC. Beats being a middle of the pack AAC team in my opinion.

I think anyone will agree that if we are in the AAC that winning it is probably preferable to not but where we tend to see disagreement is if it will be the have all be all pivotal defining moment in our program. I’m sure there are tons of people that think winning the xfl is better than being middle of the pack in the nfl I just have not met any of them irl.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

It is depressing to think USF has never won a regular season conference championship in basketball or football.  I have been following these teams from the late 80’s (obviously FB 97) and have never had the joy of seeing them win one stinking regular season championship, one sunbelt tourney in 90 is all we got, god bless Hakim Shahid but this is effin ridiculous.  I am tired of never ending up on the top of the sun belt, metro, conf USA, big east and AAC,  I know Puc says it don’t matter but F that, i want to say we won something at least once, is that too much to Fuc?$ing ask?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is depressing to think USF has never won a regular season conference championship in basketball or football.  I have been following these teams from the late 80’s (obviously FB 97) and have never had the joy of seeing them win one stinking regular season championship, one sunbelt tourney in 90 is all we got, god bless Hakim Shahid but this is effin ridiculous.  I am tired of never ending up on the top of the sun belt, metro, conf USA, big east and AAC,  I know Puc says it don’t matter but F that, i want to say we won something at least once, is that too much to Fuc?$ing ask?

To want or have us win? No that’s not too much. To expect everyone to fall in line with it being the greatest accomplishment in program history? Yes absolutely that’s too much and absurd.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think anyone will agree that if we are in the AAC that winning it is probably preferable to not but where we tend to see disagreement is if it will be the have all be all pivotal defining moment in our program. I’m sure there are tons of people that think winning the xfl is better than being middle of the pack in the nfl I just have not met any of them irl.

Not pivotal at all, I would like it, screw everyone else.  The rationale is if I can’t bang Cindy  Crawford, Jenny McCarthy or Heidi Klum than I will pass on banging anyone is not realistic.  Tap what you can, all you can, while you still can until or if something better comes along.  I agree this will not change anything at all but I will like it and that is all that matters.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

To want or have us win? No that’s not too much. To expect everyone to fall in line with it being the greatest accomplishment in program history? Yes absolutely that’s too much and absurd.

I think we agree, would be nice for us but not a big deal to anyone else nor will it escalate our national profile.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I'm curious what people's answer to this would be.....the program's greatest accomplishment(s), and where an AAC championship in 2019 would rank on that list?

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

This reminds me of every argument I’ve ever had with a marketing person where there is hundreds of things that need to be done but you don’t get any results from any one of them it’s not until you do all of them that everything will miracle itself into place. We aren’t building an arch where the keystone stabilizes the whole thing there should be a path where everything continues to grow just like it did in 2007. You can dream that no one will give a **** on wins 1-8 but will magically be moved by aac win 9 but life doesn’t work that way. I actually care more about USF and the aac than 99 percent of the area because I actually go to the games but I am also aware enough to recognize that the number will not increase 2.5x even if we win 50 aac games in a row, the same can’t be said for one #5 WVU game. 

News Flash......Today’s Headline:

USF IS IN THE AAC

NEW ENGLAND BULL WANTS A MOTHER ******* CONFERENCE TITLE BEFORE HE DIES OF OLD AGE.

19 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm curious what people's answer to this would be.....the program's greatest accomplishment(s), and where an AAC championship in 2019 would rank on that list?

Yes it would be the greatest accomplishment and I am not sure if we are even close to getting there....I AM STILL WAITING!!!!

• Upvote 1