• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Preseason MBB Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I thought Dawkins was coming back.  Don't pay that much attention to UCF but thought I had heard he was a Jr while watching our game with them.  With losing those 3 they may have a tough year.

Was a junior but opted for the draft while his stock was high, went undrafted and signed with the Pelicans likely playing developmental ball.  He realized the ship was sinking and opted for a lifeboat, they will be straight A$$ this year and has the makings of the team CBG inherited.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Was a junior but opted for the draft while his stock was high, went undrafted and signed with the Pelicans likely playing developmental ball.  He realized the ship was sinking and opted for a lifeboat, they will be straight A$$ this year and has the makings of the team CBG inherited.

Aubrey Dawkins stock was never high. He HAD to enter the draft, he's **** near 30 years old.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

they will be straight A$$ this year and has the makings of the team CBG inherited.

Their team is light years ahead of what CBG inherited.

22 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Aubrey Dawkins stock was never high. He HAD to enter the draft, he's **** near 30 years old.

It is all relative, he is a penny stock that surged to its highest level ever after the Duke game, nowhere to go but bankruptcy and liquidity from there  so he cashed in.  I agree the guy does not have the goods to play at the next level however it was the right move for him to go get paid for a while before he washes out.

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Light years is a stretch, they got squat.  CBG had a dumpster fire of dog poop.  Dawkins has a dumpster that smells but it just has not caught fire yet, name 2 or 3 players that they have that deserves to be starting in the AAC next year.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Friscobull said:

Light years is a stretch, they got squat.  CBG had a dumpster fire of dog poop.  Dawkins has a dumpster that smells but it just has not caught fire yet, name 2 or 3 players that they have that deserves to be starting in the AAC next year.

I disagree with you on this point. UCF will definitely fall back, but to say they are a dumpster fire is a stretch. They have an identity and continuity of coaching. They have players that were recruited by the current head coach and fit in/buy in to his philosophy. CBG took over a collection of warm bodies with no allegiance to him, the university, or each other. There was no concept of team. I hope that when we look back in 5 years and ponder the success of MBB that we all take a moment to appreciate the enormity of what CBG has accomplished. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

I disagree with you on this point. UCF will definitely fall back, but to say they are a dumpster fire is a stretch. They have an identity and continuity of coaching. They have players that were recruited by the current head coach and fit in/buy in to his philosophy. CBG took over a collection of warm bodies with no allegiance to him, the university, or each other. There was no concept of team. I hope that when we look back in 5 years and ponder the success of MBB that we all take a moment to appreciate the enormity of what CBG has accomplished. 

I appreciate the work he has done as much as anyone, and did not mean to say what CBG has done is anything less than fantastic.  The recruits are a good point for UCF  however they really did lose everybody and will be in a complete rebuild. And for the record I did not say a dumpster fire, I said a dumpster beginning to smell in the heat but not yet on fire.  Bottom line they will be in the bottom quartile next year in the conference and you can take that to the bank.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

37 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They return a starter from last year, Smith. They've got 2 transfers, TCU and USCe, eligible this year. They've got a guard that started 2 years ago but gave up the minutes the last 2 years to Dawkins. They've got a total of 6 players who saw time last year. They've got 4 3* recruits coming in, including one with with offers from Auburn, UGA, Ga Tech.

CBG inherited returning Manderson/DaSilva, transfer Martin and zero commitments ................... Light Years.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Another difference is Antigua had nearly killed the USF program.  So bad for so long no one went anymore.  At least the UCF team is coming off of some success and their fans think they are world champs.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

CBC is building a powerhouse we must keep him and support this program with big time crowds.