• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Preseason MBB Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Good to see the team get some pre-season play.  It should help bond the team and get some of the new pieces some work into the system.  Very excited for Basketball this year.  But first things first, come on Football - hurry up and get here!

They seem like a tight group already. Also there are literally two new pieces.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Good to see the team get some pre-season play.  It should help bond the team and get some of the new pieces some work into the system.  Very excited for Basketball this year.  But first things first, come on Football - hurry up and get here!

We only get the International play benefit once every 4 years I believe.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

That is correct 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That is correct 

I was not aware of the international requirements.  I spent some time talking to a relative of an assistant BB coach that is a die hard fan and even the year before last after 3 conf wins they had good chemistry. This team will be more special than any team in our history and I believe the most successful.  Besides maybe 1992 with Dobras, Alexander, Russell, Lewis etc... name the last team that was this experienced and talented.   I am excited for football and BB, been a long time since I am optimistic about both.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Cahnahda shouldn't count as international ...

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I was not aware of the international requirements.  I spent some time talking to a relative of an assistant BB coach that is a die hard fan and even the year before last after 3 conf wins they had good chemistry. This team will be more special than any team in our history and I believe the most successful.  Besides maybe 1992 with Dobras, Alexander, Russell, Lewis etc... name the last team that was this experienced and talented.   I am excited for football and BB, been a long time since I am optimistic about both.

This BB team definately has a chance to be special.  The OK State transfer - isnt he expected to be a pretty big piece and talented addition?

I too am very excited about both BB and football this year.  I hope that happy exuberance doesnt come crashing down after the Wisconsin game.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

They seem like a tight group already. Also there are literally two new pieces.

Absolutely.  I think that CBI run cemented that bond and proved to themselves that they can win something that matters. 

Your a basketball guy.  What are your expectations of the 2 new additions u mentioned.  I know the OK State transfer is supposed to be pretty good and should help further with depth.  As we saw this year, injuries can happen at any time.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Absolutely.  I think that CBI run cemented that bond and proved to themselves that they can win something that matters. 

Your a basketball guy.  What are your expectations of the 2 new additions u mentioned.  I know the OK State transfer is supposed to be pretty good and should help further with depth.  As we saw this year, injuries can happen at any time.

Jamir Chaplin can jump out of the gym. If he can defend and shoot he could work his way up to 10 minutes a game.

I do not expect much this season from the big kid from Oak Hill. Heard that he was super overweight when he arrived because he got hurt and sat out most of his senior year. Which is a shame. I saw him play in 2018 and I liked him. Maybe he redshirts. 

Zack Dawson, Oklahoma State transfer, is going to play starter minutes and may start some games. He is much more than a depth provider. Last season I read on another site that he was cooking guys in practice. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Jamir Chaplin can jump out of the gym. If he can defend and shoot he could work his way up to 10 minutes a game.

I do not expect much this season from the big kid from Oak Hill. Heard that he was super overweight when he arrived because he got hurt and sat out most of his senior year. Which is a shame. I saw him play in 2018 and I liked him. Maybe he redshirts. 

Zack Dawson, Oklahoma State transfer, is going to play starter minutes and may start some games. He is much more than a depth provider. Last season I read on another site that he was cooking guys in practice. 

Thought of this

image.png.4dfef55d3f0c79a96667e0ea5f448d8d.png

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Sounds like Chaplin and especially Dawson will be major contributors to the team.  There is another guy that was hurt that should be returning this year, I'm forgetting his name I think its Madut or something, that should also contribute as well (I might be getting the name wrong).

We have the makings of a very deep exciting team this year if everyone stays healthy and focused!