• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Preseason MBB Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

Wow, I don't know what to make of that.  Hard to believe we'll be 4th best and also hard to believe UCF will fall that far. Was Tacko that big a force?  

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hype train is real 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

We don't need to sneak up on anyone this season. We have a legit squad and will have a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Given our gritty style of play if we see any improvement in shooting from 3 and the FT line, watch out. I expect Durr to take a giant step forward and Yetna to start getting his name mentioned as a possible NBA prospect. The CBI may not have been big on the national radar, but it provided invaluable postseason experience for a squad that really needed it. The players have bought in and believe in CBG and each other. A prime example is the OT victory over Stony Brook. Coming back after trailing by 25 points late in the first half is the type of program defining, trajectory altering victory that often gets overlooked in the big picture.  

I fully expect UCF to fall to the bottom half to bottom third of the league. If they can find a way to make the postseason, then Dawkins is the real deal as an HC and will probably be scooped up by a larger program. 

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

If we make the March tourney, start building the BG statue!  Very thankful for this man.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Wowzers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

36 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I fully expect UCF to fall to the bottom half to bottom third of the league. If they can find a way to make the postseason, then Dawkins is the real deal as an HC and will probably be scooped up by a larger program.

They're in a similar overall situation to us last year, pertaining to returning points/minutes. The big difference, though, is that our points/minutes were tied up in 2 players where there's is spread out over 5 or 6. They've still got a lot of unknowns but this will definitely give an indication of Dawkins ability to recruit there. I think most of the core players from last year's team came in under Jones.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Watch out for Wichita State, I think they will be pretty good.  They (like us) had a very young squad last year, but finished the season strong, and could be a force again.  The rest of the seedings at this point seem to make sense.  I do think we will battle Wichita for that 4th spot. 

UCF is in re-build mode.  Will be interesting to see if they are able to develop under Dawkins.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

They're in a similar overall situation to us last year, pertaining to returning points/minutes. The big difference, though, is that our points/minutes were tied up in 2 players where there's is spread out over 5 or 6. They've still got a lot of unknowns but this will definitely give an indication of Dawkins ability to recruit there. I think most of the core players from last year's team came in under Jones.

I think we had more overall talent going into last season than they do this season, but you are correct, they are in a pretty similar spot.