• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Preseason MBB Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We may sneak into the ncaa...it’s very possible but I still think NIT is more than likely. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We may sneak into the ncaa...it’s very possible but I still think NIT is more than likely. 

With everything we have back and the trajectory of the way the season ended, albeit CBI is not the NIT and certainly not the NCAA.  The experience we bring back makes anything short of a Birth in the dance a disappointment not only for the fans but the team.  I am 60/40 we will go to the big dance.

Just now, Friscobull said:

With everything we have back and the trajectory of the way the season ended, albeit CBI is not the NIT and certainly not the NCAA.  The experience we bring back makes anything short of a Birth in the dance a disappointment not only for the fans but the team.  I am 60/40 we will go to the big dance.

I don’t think that will be the case at all...considering we were bankrupt two year ago. I know I won’t be  disappointed. Our league is a four bid league. Houston, Memphis, Cincy are locks. Can we beat out Wichita? Uconn? Temple? Yes, we improved but I am pumping the breaks here just a bit.   

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t think that will be the case at all...considering we were bankrupt two year ago. I know I won’t be  disappointed. Our league is a four bid league. Houston, Memphis, Cincy are locks. Can we beat out Wichita? Uconn? Temple? Yes, we improved but I am pumping the breaks here just a bit.   

We have debated in the past that this is a 4 team league however it could be a 5 team league as well  with the ascent of Memphis and the hoopla.  Next year the  goal is the dance and anything less may not be a disappointment but will not be satisfaction.  Pumping the brakes is pragmatic but not in my vernacular. 

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have debated in the past that this is a 4 team league however it could be a 5 team league as well  with the ascent of Memphis and the hoopla.  Next year the  goal is the dance and anything less may not be a disappointment but will not be satisfaction.  Pumping the brakes is pragmatic but not in my vernacular. 

Ok...I am with you there I will be “less than satisfied” if we are not in the big dance. It’s possible for five but the rest of the conference needs to step up and win some big out of conference games and don’t sink far into the NET depths (ECU). 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Post season upgrade is all I need. NIT, NCAA it really doesn't matter to me. Obviously, I would prefer the NCAA, but a good regular season and the NIT would be acceptable.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I thought I posted it somewhere, but maybe not.  Jon Rothstein has us as an NCAA bubble team.  So we got that going for us....