• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Preseason MBB Power Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Any video coverage of these games? 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Sounds like Chaplin and especially Dawson will be major contributors to the team.  There is another guy that was hurt that should be returning this year, I'm forgetting his name I think its Madut or something, that should also contribute as well (I might be getting the name wrong).

We have the makings of a very deep exciting team this year if everyone stays healthy and focused!

Madut Akec. I'm not sure what to expect from him. Fun fact: He and Kiir have played with each other for years in different parts of the world.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

15 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Madut Akec. I'm not sure what to expect from him. Fun fact: He and Kiir have played with each other for years in different parts of the world.

When looking at highlight videos of Akec, this clip of Kiir popped up from when they played with each other in Australia.

giphy.gif

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

When looking at highlight videos of Akec, this clip of Kiir popped up from when they played with each other in Australia.

giphy.gif

Well at the very least, its another body to add to the mix.  Will be interesting to see how well some of these guys have developed and hopefully improved their games.  If they have, then look out!

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Sounds like Chaplin and especially Dawson will be major contributors to the team.  There is another guy that was hurt that should be returning this year, I'm forgetting his name I think its Madut or something, that should also contribute as well (I might be getting the name wrong).

We have the makings of a very deep exciting team this year if everyone stays healthy and focused!

I am not expecting Chaplin to be a major contributor to the team this season unless he shows in practice that he can really shoot and really defend. I think Rashun Williams will be the first small forward off the bench and Chaplin would be used after Williams in that position. Kind of like Lang came off the bench to give Brown a breather and Williams was the next guy.

I think Madut has a tough time cracking the rotation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

59 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I think Rashun Williams will be the first small forward off the bench and Chaplin would be used after Williams in that position. Kind of like Lang came off the bench to give Brown a breather and Williams was the next guy.

I'm assuming that Dawson comes in and takes Lang's minutes, or more, at guard, and TJ's are the only real minutes the team is losing this year. Williams played in less than half the games this year and that kind of surprised me because whenever he did come in, it seemed like good things happened. If he was behind Brown and Lang I can see the low minutes now. If Williams is going to that first SF off the bench this year, whose minutes will he be taking?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Triple B said:

I'm assuming that Dawson comes in and takes Lang's minutes, or more, at guard, and TJ's are the only real minutes the team is losing this year. Williams played in less than half the games this year and that kind of surprised me because whenever he did come in, it seemed like good things happened. If he was behind Brown and Lang I can see the low minutes now. If Williams is going to that first SF off the bench this year, whose minutes will he be taking?

Dawkins is a combo guard who is a scorer. So he can play both back court positions. Williams is a small forward and was behind Brown and Lang. I wish he had taken a redshirt so he would still have 4 years of eligibility left.

Brian Gregory has a great problem to have, a talented and versatile roster of perimeter guys

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Don't know why fans aren't shooting higher.  I think we compete for the championship of the AAC.  We beat Memphis last year and Houston loses two terrific senior guards.  It won't be easy but we should be top 3.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, abochner said:

Don't know why fans aren't shooting higher.  I think we compete for the championship of the AAC.  We beat Memphis last year and Houston loses two terrific senior guards.  It won't be easy but we should be top 3.

I think a lot of fans are taking a "cautiously optimistic" approach.  We have had things go completely wrong for us so many times, its almost like - we will believe it when we see it.

Having said that, there is a different "feel" to this program right now then there has been in a very long time, which gives me a lot  of hope and certainly higher expectations.

Staying healthy vs. Injuries (as always) will probably be the biggest factor in our success/ non success.   That, and how much the team will develop from last year to this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, abochner said:

Time worn USF MBB fans are just happy we're going into the season with a continuity not seen for years and years..... and all 13 scholarships being utilized. All things considered, we could definitely be up there fighting for a 1st round bye in the conf tourney ............ but as far as Memphis goes, the team we'll be facing this year won't look anything like the one we beat last year and that's probably not going to be a good thing for us.