• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports article about USF Bama trolls UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/23/2019 at 2:17 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

On 5/23/2019 at 4:12 PM, Grateful Dad said:

He gets it.  He must have gone to a Florida Preeminent University.  The others who can't see it? Well, they went to a less academically qualified school like UCF.

I don't see much trolling, just saying that they won't like it.  Of course they won't, they want to play Bama but everyone knows Bama won't play them.  Hardly trolling.  I don't the writer 'gets it' at all tbh.  Their needs are completely different than ours.  Small victories are still victories I suppose.  I just hope we don't go 0-3 against them.  

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I actually think that UCF stuck it in and broke it off.  Alabama hasn't played an away game in thirty years (neutral site excepted).  They are so pissed at UCF that they break a thirty year tradition just to sign with UCF's rival?  Now, who in the SEC is going to go against Saban and now schedule one and ones?  They may have just lost the SEC for a while.  UCF seriously overestimated their position.  If they don't sign some SoS games quickly, they may well be in trouble.  I don't understand pissing off the same people who you are going to approach hat in hand and ask for a seat at the table.

A lot like our Big 4 bill board, a little success can go to your head.  But I think their AD has done some substantial damage relationship-wise along with their fans and media.  The whole P6 embarrassment, self proclaimed Natty, alienating the other coaches in your conference, only considering one and ones, and pissing off the great Saban.  I am beginning to understand why they are not Preeminent over there.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

50 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

don't see much trolling, just saying that they won't like it.  Of course they won't, they want to play Bama but everyone knows Bama won't play them.  Hardly trolling.  I don't the writer 'gets it' at all tbh.  Their needs are completely different than ours.

I think the writer gets it perfectly. UCF wants Bama, we got them instead and they shouldn't like it ..... pretty straight forward.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

On May 24, 2019 at 5:23 PM, Grateful Dad said:

I actually think that UCF stuck it in and broke it off.  Alabama hasn't played an away game in thirty years (neutral site excepted).  They are so pissed at UCF that they break a thirty year tradition just to sign with UCF's rival?  Now, who in the SEC is going to go against Saban and now schedule one and ones?  They may have just lost the SEC for a while.  UCF seriously overestimated their position.  If they don't sign some SoS games quickly, they may well be in trouble.  I don't understand pissing off the same people who you are going to approach hat in hand and ask for a seat at the table.

A lot like our Big 4 bill board, a little success can go to your head.  But I think their AD has done some substantial damage relationship-wise along with their fans and media.  The whole P6 embarrassment, self proclaimed Natty, alienating the other coaches in your conference, only considering one and ones, and pissing off the great Saban.  I am beginning to understand why they are not Preeminent over there.

one undefeated season in which they played one quality opponent is not enough to build a program on.

that **** sure went to their head. it even affected many folks on the board here.

a few months ago some Bullspenners were predicting the shuttering of USF's football program, in large part due to our inability to compete with C's success... now we're looking at future schedules vs. Bama, Florida, Miami 5+ years down the road & laughing at C for soiling the bed.

long game vs. short game.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

On 5/24/2019 at 1:38 PM, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

everyone knows Bama won't play them. 

Who knows that?  Bama won't give them a 1 for 1, but Bama will play UCF.  Same as Florida would.  You sound a little more gold than green with your analysis.  When UCF comes down off their little G5 horse, there will be a lot of teams they can play.  But right now, their ass is between a rusty stadium and a hard place.

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

Who knows that?  Bama won't give them a 1 for 1, but Bama will play UCF.  Same as Florida would.  You sound a little more gold than green with your analysis.  When UCF comes down off their little G5 horse, there will be a lot of teams they can play.  But right now, their ass is between a rusty stadium and a hard place.

I've been keeping an eye on that ....

spacer.png

:lmao:

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've been keeping an eye on that ....

spacer.png

One day, for fun, we can put together a list of the many varied ways in which Tinmen attempt to enter.  Of course the best way is the direct, grown-up way that @footnfan1 has chosen.

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

:lmao:

One day, for fun, we can put together a list of the many varied ways in which Tinmen attempt to enter.  Of course the best way is the direct, grown-up way that @footnfan1 has chosen.

Just be sure to keep on top the group please ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/23/2019 at 6:02 PM, Triple B said:

You're probably one of the ones still pissed we can never pay Hofstra back ....

If we’re going on a revenge tour, let’s not forget about Drake.

Hate the Drake!

Had we been unfortunate enough to be UCFers, we'd say that the fear of playing us in a rematch drove Hofstra Football out of business.