• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018/2019 Season Ends - Teams/Moments

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

But wouldn't making the NCAA tournament be considered more successful than winning A third tier tournament. Like wouldn't the last place BPL team be considered better that the championship team of EFL1? 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

But wouldn't making the NCAA tournament be considered more successful than winning A third tier tournament. Like wouldn't the last place BPL team be considered better that the championship team of EFL1? 

I absolutely loved our MBB team this year and the season was insanely successful. But I'm with you on this one, winning the tournament composed of teams who couldn't make the tournament made up of teams who couldn't make the NCAA tournament can't be higher than winning the conference and going to a regional.

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Wait...was this a joke or does USF really have a women's...hell a sailing team period.  If it's true then nice!

We have a VERY good women's sailing team. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I absolutely loved our MBB team this year and the season was insanely successful. But I'm with you on this one, winning the tournament composed of teams who couldn't make the tournament made up of teams who couldn't make the NCAA tournament can't be higher than winning the conference and going to a regional.

I think  "successful" is subjective when comparing different situations. To me, successful means taking advantage of an opportunity presented to you. The only squad that's taken full advantage, so far, has been MBB .... so to me they're been the most successful up to this point.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think  "successful" is subjective when comparing different situations. To me, successful means taking advantage of an opportunity presented to you. The only squad that's taken full advantage, so far, has been MBB .... so to me they're been the most successful up to this point.

To add, if you look at the fact that the MBB team had the biggest (yes that's right), the biggest turnaround record wise in all of Division 1 basketball (there is over 300 teams) this year.......couple that with a first post season championship since 19 freaking 90.  In my mind, there is no question that MBB was the biggest success story this year.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But on the same note, didn’t MBB squander the opportunity to play in the NCAA and The NIT tournaments? I don’t know that you consider what you expected them to do when determining success. Also, to bring back a point that @JTrue presented, softball didn’t just win the conference, they dominated it. Every team on campus has that opportunity. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

One day peoplee will look at a similar thread on the BullsPen and see that all of the respondents are in complete agreement, that football had the best year of all USF sports. Of course we will all be too dead to enjoy such a thread, but by God it ill happen...... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

But on the same note, didn’t MBB squander the opportunity to play in the NCAA and The NIT tournaments? I don’t know that you consider what you expected them to do when determining success. Also, to bring back a point that @JTrue presented, softball didn’t just win the conference, they dominated it. Every team on campus has that opportunity. 

Like I said, subjective ....

51 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

One day peoplee will look at a similar thread on the BullsPen and see that all of the respondents are in complete agreement, that football had the best year of all USF sports. Of course we will all be too dead to enjoy such a thread, but by God it ill happen...... 

I've set up a Doomsday Device to bring down the board once I head to my dirt nap ...... there will be no thread not to enjoy.

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It all comes down to your definition of most successful team this year.  I guess if you look at it from purely on how a team does in conference and conference championships, than yes Softball was most successful.......I'm looking at it, at a more deeper level, where MBB was basically at its lowest of lows, and in one season had the biggest turnaround in their history and won a post season championship (not named the AAC tournament), which is huge for this program.

While the Softball success is impressive, there wasn't really any dramatic change.  Yes, they make the NCAA tourney - had a very tough draw and was out in 3 games......I give the edge in most successful season to MBB.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

We have a VERY good women's sailing team. 

If UF had a sailing team back in the late 90s, I so would have went to the events when I...of course we were nowhere near the ocean, but if we were, hell yea.