• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018/2019 Season Ends - Teams/Moments

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Greatest Moments for me - 3 come quickly to mind....win over Ga Tech (fun game and fun ending).  Comeback last second win over Tulsa (all hope seemed lost in that game).  And the 3 game series against Depaul - last second victory at home and winning Game 3 for first basketball championship since 19 freaking 90.

GT and CBI would be in my top 2, with the Tulsa/Illinois games being a toss-up for the third best...both games we were dangerously close to losing. The late TD pass to Salomon vs. Illinois was certainly exciting.

The CBI win was probably the best accomplishment, but being more of a football fan, that GT game was hands down the best for me. I actually thought that Sterlin Gilbert, who I wasn't a big fan of, called a very good game that day. It was encouraging to see Barnett play well. The emergence of Terrence Horne was fun to watch. Sawtelle came up big with the Fumble recovery and the pic. Just a great game. I had high hopes for the season at that point. Can't believe it went to **** the way it eventually did.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Technically, our Basketball team was the most successful USF team this year...well i haven't checked with the badminton,  soccer or any other sports teams, but I'm going to give the MBB team the title for best USF squad this year.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Technically, our Basketball team was the most successful USF team this year...well i haven't checked with the badminton,  soccer or any other sports teams, but I'm going to give the MBB team the title for best USF squad this year.  

If there was a tournament for all of the women's softball teams that didn't make the secondary tournament for all of the teams who didn't make the NCAA tournament, I'm sure the Lady Bulls would have won it.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On this board, football and men's basketball are the only sports that matter so that would make them the most successful sport on campus. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
23 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Softball is the one that baffles me.  We have the coach of USA softball!!  You'd think we'd have more success.

Unfortunately, I don't think The Coach is the biggest difference maker in this sport......The SEC, PAC12, and Oklahoma dominate this sport.  The best softball players are going to want to play in those conferences not the AAC.......having Coach Ken helps us win AAC conference championships, but conference affiliation is the bigger draw here, imo.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎05‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, chapelbull said:

Baseball's season is more disappointing than the freaking football team laying a complete egg the second half of the season ending in a complete butt whooping in the bowl game ?   

smh

You make a good point.  It is a close call.  The reason I would put Baseball as the bigger disappointment right now, is because I feel there is more potential and upside for this coming year on the Football side, while the Baseball side seems to be in more disarray.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

If there was a tournament for all of the women's softball teams that didn't make the secondary tournament for all of the teams who didn't make the NCAA tournament, I'm sure the Lady Bulls would have won it.

We're back to the good old reliable semantics discussion on here. IMO, MBB was the most successful but softball may have been the best squad ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We're back to the good old reliable semantics discussion on here. IMO, MBB was the most successful but softball may have been the best squad ...

What about men's tennis? Women's sailing?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I did say may have been ..... and Women's sailing still has chance to be both most successful and best.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If I could edit, I would change what I said to "successful", but that's really what I meant. 

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Wait...was this a joke or does USF really have a women's...hell a sailing team period.  If it's true then nice!