• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018/2019 Season Ends - Teams/Moments

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

55 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

It all comes down to your definition of most successful team this year.  I guess if you look at it from purely on how a team does in conference and conference championships, than yes Softball was most successful.......I'm looking at it, at a more deeper level, where MBB was basically at its lowest of lows, and in one season had the biggest turnaround in their history and won a post season championship (not named the AAC tournament), which is huge for this program.

While the Softball success is impressive, there wasn't really any dramatic change.  Yes, they make the NCAA tourney - had a very tough draw and was out in 3 games......I give the edge in most successful season to MBB.

I call that a comeback team, or biggest turn around. They don’t award championships based on growth 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If UF had a sailing team back in the late 90s, I so would have went to the events when I...of course we were nowhere near the ocean, but if we were, hell yea.  

I met the USF coach in the Hardwood Club and believe she may have an Olympic medal.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I met the USF coach in the Hardwood Club and believe she may have an Olympic medal.  

Yes she actually does...won in Korea I believe. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

What about men's tennis? Women's sailing?

Just a note about men’s tennis: they lost to eventual national champ Texas in 2nd round of NCAAs. Same thing may end up being said of softball (FSU) when that’s said and done.

Edited by Dave_Glaser