• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Would look great above that USF bar set!

I checked online for ordering...not shown online..

Checked again...online under USF Bulls and marketplace sellers....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Would look great above that USF bar set!

I checked online for ordering...not shown online..

My little man cave is painted in USF colors and have signed helmets, balls, etc in there. Would be perfect.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

My little man cave is painted in USF colors and have signed helmets, balls, etc in there. Would be perfect.

As they say:  "pics or it didn't happen".

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

For realz?

It's in their Web Based purchasing guide.

Linc, https://www.sears.com/search=USF Fan

Edited by Azmodi

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Azmodi said:

It's in their Web Based purchasing guide.

Linc, https://www.sears.com/search=USF Fan

My wife just said "Happy Fathers Day".  So it looks like I'll be ordering the blades since we already have a fan in the room.  Edit: Glad they didn't switch to the Merrill Lynch Bull Logo.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Memphis just did a 2 for 1 with Arkansas. Man that was the team I wanted to fill out our schedule, but not sure if they are worthy of a 2 for 1. . 

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/1135561884613001217

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/06/04/memphis-arkansas-agree-for-football-series/

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Memphis just did a 2 for 1 with Arkansas. Man that was the team I wanted to fill out our schedule, but not sure if they are worthy of a 2 for 1. . 

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/1135561884613001217

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/06/04/memphis-arkansas-agree-for-football-series/

This is the new economy that we find ourselves in. Many P5 teams (especially in the SEC, Big 10, and ACC)  are so flush with cash from their lucrative TV and CFP deals that they have money to burn. I would expect that Memphis is getting at least $1 million for the extra game in Arkansas.  That is how much we were able to get out of Louisville and Alabama for the 2 for 1 deals we signed with them, I believe we only received $500,000 for the extra trip to Gainesville. 

G5 teams that are taking the trip (New Mexico State and Utah State) to Bama with no return home game are getting between $1.7 million and $1.9 million for those games. It is important to keep in mind the disparity in the athletic budgets among the G5 teams. NMSU had a budget of $26 million in 2017, Utah State was at $34 million, while USF was at $50 million. The point being, those teams need to get more in guaranteed money to keep their programs afloat. Coincidentally, we are receiving $1.9 million for our lone trip out to Austin to play Texas, so that is right in line with out G5 payday games. 

The other issue for USF is keeping up with/competing with UCF. UCF generates $3.5 million more per year through student fees, and about $10 million more per year as an athletic department. This includes about $4 million more in expenses as they pay for their stadium, but, overall, UCF is currently in a much better position financially than we are. This disparity existed even while USF was enjoying the remnants of the Big East buyout money and UCF was not, and while Texas was helping to subsidize Charlie Strong's contract. Now that those financial advantages are gone, USF finds itself in a position where we need to figure out how and where to close the gap, or, at the very least, to keep up with the Jonses to the East. 

Taking the $1 million guarantees and ensuring an increase in ticket revenues with the home games from the series we are signing is really the best (only) way to do so at this point. Our donor base has not increased appreciably over the past decade. Like it or not, UCF is beating us in facilities and donors right now. That is not to say that we can't close the gap, but it is a problem that Kelly is helping to address. I would venture to guess that the series with Alabama and Florida will have a net financial impact of about $1 million per game in the series, so about $3 million total. The Louisville and Miami series won't have quite the impact, likely about $500k to $750k per game in increased revenues (home and away). The increased revenue per season should cover about 3% of our current total athletic budget, which isn't bad for two football games per year, and that is assuming that we don't pull off some crazy upsets and generate even more buzz from those games. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

This is the new economy that we find ourselves in. Many P5 teams (especially in the SEC, Big 10, and ACC)  are so flush with cash from their lucrative TV and CFP deals that they have money to burn. I would expect that Memphis is getting at least $1 million for the extra game in Arkansas.  That is how much we were able to get out of Louisville and Alabama for the 2 for 1 deals we signed with them, I believe we only received $500,000 for the extra trip to Gainesville. 

G5 teams that are taking the trip (New Mexico State and Utah State) to Bama with no return home game are getting between $1.7 million and $1.9 million for those games. It is important to keep in mind the disparity in the athletic budgets among the G5 teams. NMSU had a budget of $26 million in 2017, Utah State was at $34 million, while USF was at $50 million. The point being, those teams need to get more

I'm just excited about the match ups period. We finally have the scheduling we want and still have room to improve it. 2019-2025 are the years that can really transform this program. I would love to join a P5 conference, but if a NY6 bowl and possibly crashing the playoffs (or at least being part of that conversation) yearly is our destiny than so be it. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Programs like UF, Alabama and Miami don’t look at these series as 2 for 1.  They look at like we get 2 home games and a neutral site game.  Such is life in the G5.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm just excited about the match ups period. We finally have the scheduling we want and still have room to improve it. 2019-2025 are the years that can really transform this program. I would love to join a P5 conference, but if a NY6 bowl and possibly crashing the playoffs (or at least being part of that conversation) yearly is our destiny than so be it. 

The economics of it is the bonus in all of this and why it makes so much sense for our program to be approaching scheduling the way we are. If we can get a 3 to 5% increase in revenue each year from scheduling these games, then why wouldn't we? That measures just the direct financial impact of theses games. The other intangibles (recruiting, national recognition/advertising, possible P5 expansion) are all difficult to measure, but definitely positives to consider as well.