• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Steve Duemig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Why is this on the Main Board?

This drunk buffoon DUIMeg never had anything positive to say about USF! He was a clown who was not correct about anything sports related. KARMA!

Moderators, move this off the Main Board so I don't have to see this crap!

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I wish I could be the kind of person that can just do a 180

Except no one is doing a 180, just simply saying that being an ******* doesn't warrant dying of cancer. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Except no one is doing a 180, just simply saying that being an ******* doesn't warrant dying of cancer. 

spacer.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Why is this on the Main Board?

This drunk buffoon DUIMeg never had anything positive to say about USF! He was a clown who was not correct about anything sports related. KARMA!

Moderators, move this off the Main Board so I don't have to see this crap!

I posted it on the main board because he was discussed on the main board all of the time back in the day. You don't want to read it then just scroll past it. It isn't that difficult. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

If we can agree on nothing else, I would hope we all can agree that our chances of the program being judged objectively by the local radio station personalities (as opposed to being treated as an anathema) just went up exponentially. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

Never understood why people think death or illness somehow absolves people of the life they chose to live. Cancer wouldn’t have made Hitler A-ok, dying didn’t make Osama the bees knees, Ted Bundy’s sins weren’t zapped away by old sparky and cancer didn’t kill the legacy that Steve spent his entire life trying to develop. The evil men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones, so let this be for Duemig. Anytime he had an opportunity to pivot or embrace USF he doubled down on ******** on our program  and seemed to enjoy marginalizing  our fanbase and actively trying to harm our growth in the community. 

5A6152C9-781A-4C14-96E8-07DA33C1087D.jpeg

I can't argue this. People that are trying to make him out to be some kind of broadcast icon are just crazy. In order to be considered good at his chosen profession, he needed to either be knowledgeable or entertaining - preferably both. He was neither. I am sorry about his passing, but how could anyone miss him being on the air?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

30 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I can't argue this. People that are trying to make him out to be some kind of broadcast icon are just crazy. In order to be considered good at his chosen profession, he needed to either be knowledgeable or entertaining - preferably both. He was neither. I am sorry about his passing, but how could anyone miss him being on the air?

I listened to him for longer than I should have. Perhaps he was knowledgeable about golf and gambling on horses. However at heart he was a bully of a talk show host, shouting down, ridiculing and hanging up on callers who brought up valid points. I checked out when he castigated someone who actually agreed with him but agreed using a different point of view and verbiage. Duemig didn't understand the guy agreed, erupted on him and dropped his call. He did get numbers so he clearly appealed to some demographic.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Duemig didn't understand the guy agreed, erupted on him and dropped his call. He did get numbers so he clearly appealed to some demographic.

His schtick was built for numbers.   He railed on the local teams and people either called to argue with him or to pile on with him.  It was basically shock jock sports radio and it was not very entertaining.  I am happy that the current landscape has shifted back to discussing sports.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

Just now, chapelbull said:

His schtick was built for numbers.   He railed on the local teams and people either called to argue with him or to pile on with him.  It was basically shock jock sports radio and it was not very entertaining.  I am happy that the current landscape has shifted back to discussing sports.

Ya. I always wondered, how much of it was schtick and how much was Steve.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ya. I always wondered, how much of it was schtick and how much was Steve.

Well, he may or not have lived by his "schtick", but from what I heard from people that actually knew him he was a fairly nice guy off the radio.  It didn't soften my dislike for his radio show or his schtick though.  I wanted to listen to sports talk not someone just rail on people to get a reaction