• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Steve Duemig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Since DUIMEG was always negative towards USF, why is this topic on Main Board?

Karma!

Well said PUC86!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Since DUIMEG was always negative towards USF, why is this topic on Main Board?

Karma!

Well said PUC86!

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn’t go out of my way to speak ill of the dead, a known enemy of USF sports was chosen to be eulogized on the main board of the main USF sports discussion group on the planet.  How did anyone expect that to go? Had I not read about it here I probably would have never known he died and would have continued living my life ignoring his existence like I have for the greater part of a decade, literally any other place on the planet would be a better place to gather condolences not that I understand why anyone not related to or directly connected to a person would need them.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

a known enemy of USF sports was chosen to be eulogized on the main board of the main USF sports discussion group on the planet.

/ˈyo͞oləˌjīz/
verb
  1. praise highly in speech or writing.

You apparently haven't actually read most of the posts on the thread and just took this as an opportunity to go off on one of your patented rants. It's been a while, we were due ...

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Was he an *******? Probably. Did he hate USF? Probably. Should this be in the general sports forum? Probably. But life, death, and the struggle of brain cancer on him and his family is much bigger than USF and college sports. You don’t have to like someone to offer condolences. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

10 hours ago, Brad said:

I have some audio from those days, I might have it.  

He was so off base and wrong, I actually recorded to listen to later.

That would be great. I was on the phone on the way home and was still talking when I got home. When I finally got off the phone(when I was cut off) my wife asked "Who was that?!?!" When I told her, she said I was an idiot. LOL

6 hours ago, Triple B said:
/ˈyo͞oləˌjīz/
verb
  1. praise highly in speech or writing.

You apparently haven't actually read most of the posts on the thread and just took this as an opportunity to go off on one of your patented rants. It's been a while, we were due ...

You are welcome...

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

That would be great. I was on the phone on the way home and was still talking when I got home. When I finally got off the phone(when I was cut off) my wife asked "Who was that?!?!" When I told her, she said I was an idiot. LOL

Yes, sometimes the ladies do not quite get why we argue with idiots over such things.  From a logical standpoint she was right.  You were not going to get him to see another side.  Still, it did feel good to frustrate him and get him to hang up, didn't it? 

Edited by Mission9
typo

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn’t go out of my way to speak ill of the dead, a known enemy of USF sports was chosen to be eulogized on the main board of the main USF sports discussion group on the planet.  How did anyone expect that to go? Had I not read about it here I probably would have never known he died and would have continued living my life ignoring his existence like I have for the greater part of a decade, literally any other place on the planet would be a better place to gather condolences not that I understand why anyone not related to or directly connected to a person would need them.

Please, do not think my comments were in any way shape or form meant to be a criticism of your posts. I fully agree with them. I was making my points based on the fact that I did take some satisfaction in getting the best of that mental midget in social media and that ,for me, making more derogatory comments no longer served its purpose.  His illogical hatred and vitriol towards USF and USF football will no longer grace the airwaves.  I do not see my magnanimity as a weakness. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

RIP.  I was no fan of Duemig, in fact I stopped listening altogether when he started to make it clear that he had some kind of personal vendetta against USF.  But a father, son, and from most accounts I've heard, off the air a pretty good dude, just died way too young after years of suffering from a horrible disease.

8 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Was he an *******? Probably. Did he hate USF? Probably. Should this be in the general sports forum? Probably. But life, death, and the struggle of brain cancer on him and his family is much bigger than USF and college sports. You don’t have to like someone to offer condolences. 

41 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Please, do not think my comments were in any way shape or form meant to be a criticism of your posts. I fully agree with them. I was making my points based on the fact that I did take some satisfaction in getting the best of that mental midget in social media and that ,for me, making more derogatory comments no longer served its purpose.  His illogical hatred and vitriol towards USF and USF football will no longer grace the airwaves.  I do not see my magnanimity as a weakness. 

I wish I could be the kind of person that can just do a 180 on how I feel about someone simply because the g-ds chose not to shine favorably on them that day. Sure its easier and makes everyone feel better to simply say "my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family" and move on but

spacer.png

He dedicated a good portion of his life to making sure to cement my feelings on him, to simply ignore it because of nothing he did wouldn't be fair to them memory he clearly wanted to create.